2015 Brides!

Everything is slowly starting to fall into place! YAY! We have decided with the expense of booking Carnivals ceremony (Nassau, on island ceremony) that we are just going to hire an outside vendor because Carnival wants every little thing to cost extra. We are going through Weddings in the Bahamas.com and it looks fantastic. Has anyone gone through Anne Marie/Linda before? I've heard great things.

So far we are finding it very hard to convince people to book their cruises now! I'm starting to get a little stressed because each time I log on, the rooms seem to be dwindling down and disappearing and that's not good!!!! I think Summer is hard to get people to actually get anything done, but I hope they work on it soon so I don't have a heart attack.

We are doing the Celebrate Bigger package on the ship which gives us a lot more time and options. I am still debating the DJ/Sound technician because I want to be able to play the music we like. Those people who have been on the Carnival Liberty, do you recall what the different rooms looked like? Pictures don't really do it justice and we have 3 options.

Also, does anyone have a good layout for budgeting/list of things that are most important to little details you will need? I plan on making one, but I thought asking first to see if anyone has one would be helpful! :)

Thanks all for the input, I'm definitely less stressed when reading these forums!

Also, does anyone have a good layout for budgeting/list of things that are most important to little details you will need? I plan on making one, but I thought asking first to see if anyone has one would be helpful! :)

Thanks all for the input, I'm definitely less stressed when reading these forums!

Try this one from the forums:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1473755&highlight=wedding+budget

We are getting married July 12 2015 on the Carnival Dream in New Orleans! We are doing the Time To Celebrate Big wedding with a social host, and so far our wedding coordinator, Gabby, has been wonderful!!! She got us all the forms and called to let us know she had received them signed and asked if we had any questions or concerns. Estimated 30 guests, 20 sailing, 10 non sailing.

I did find it helpful to watch videos of other people's ceremonies and receptions (a ton of people post them), so I could know what to expect.

So far, so good!

My fiancé and I want to get married on embarkment day next summer out of Carnivals Baltimore port. I thought you paid one fee for the wedding, and everything was taken care of? And pay separate for the cruise which is fine. As I read though I see people talking about fees for this and that, so is the price on the website not correct? We haven't set a date yet, but we will soon.

My fiancé and I want to get married on embarkment day next summer out of Carnivals Baltimore port. I thought you paid one fee for the wedding, and everything was taken care of? And pay separate for the cruise which is fine. As I read though I see people talking about fees for this and that, so is the price on the website not correct? We haven't set a date yet, but we will soon.

If you do your wedding on the ship the prices are correct. The changes come when you get married through a company besides the cruise line such as contracting directly through Island Breeze. There are extra items you can pay for the but basics are all included in the list price.

It seems it's not all that simple. We are doing an on island wedding so ours does become tricky with things but if you are getting married on the ship it should all be in the initial cost on the website. Adding a reception however, costs more and make sure to watch for what is included and ask TONS of questions if you call to book.

TO My fellow on Island wedding folks, I am feeling like ten thousand pounds has been lifted off my shoulders after speaking with Linda at weddings in thebahamas.com She is AWESOME! I was most concerned with weather/pricing/transportation/licensing/port changes. Here's what I got back in hopes to settle some of your stressors as well, or maybe convince someone that doing an island wedding is do-able!!!

Weather- My concern was rain/storms anything hindering an outside process. Linda stated that they have a side plan that every outdoor wedding has a second location inside that we can get married at. (ex: We are getting married at the Poopdeck at Sandyport in Nassau, they have an indoor room upstairs in the restaurant to serve us if bad weather comes about.)

Pricing- Pricing was straight forward. Their prices for packages are listed on the website. She broke the itemized details down for me (arches, extra music, flowers, decor etc.) So I know what I will be receiving if I choose certain things.

Transportation- With the package we chose, it is already included. We are adding a limo at an extra cost but that is for me arriving and for me and my FH after the ceremony.

Licensing- I thought this would be tricky, (I know tender ports sometimes the days switch) and I knew that if we weren't on Bahamian waters for 24 hours that we couldn't get a license. Now when I asked her what would happen if Nassau (normally 2nd port day) was switched to the first, how would we get a valid license then? And she said with confidence, the minute your ports change you call us, verify when you'll be arriving and we handle the rest. Now, if Nassau becomes the first day (so we are not in the Bahama's for 24 hours) that we would have to pay an extra 300.00 for a member of the Bahamian licensing to come out and witness the ceremony that they would honor it. I hope this all works to plan and that nothing will change but that brings me to.....

Port Changes- She insured me that they would accommodate as much as possible and that if something did not work as planned that we would receive our money back. (not sure if the insurance is an extra cost, forgot to ask) but I WILL make this ceremony happen! :)

I just thought in my rambling that maybe I could help someone who was on the fence about choosing a beach wedding. I know for us it was something we have always dreamed about and I am determined to make it a reality. :)

Hope everyone out there is making their cruise wedding dreams a reality!!!

We initially planned to get married on the Pride out of Baltimore last year. For an embarkation wedding on CCL you pay

1) The cruise fare

2) The wedding fee

3) The wedding license

Depending on the package this will cover your officiant, ceremony and decorations, and some kind of reception (cake and champagne, food with open bar, etc). Obviously, if you have more guests than the package allows for you also pay the difference on that when you turn in your guest list. Our package initially allowed 20 guests, so we would've had to have paid for the additional 30.

The wedding fee covers whatever is listed in the package and nothing more, so when they say a single-rose bouquet (some of them do) they mean it. There really aren't many upgrades for embarkation weddings.

You can also pay for an social host or DJ depending on your needs. We ended up having a small wedding and didn't do a lot of the traditional wedding dances, so our coordinator guided the reception and we just hired the pianist (which I don't think is available anymore).

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Hey all you brides! Congrats!!

My fiancé and I have decided to get married on Royal Caribbean's the Navigator of the Seas departing on November 9, 2014. I was doing research before we made it official and I quickly found out that there isn't much "real" information on cruise weddings. I've decided to start a blog following our Royal Wedding Experience. I'm going to blog, tweet, and YouTube as things happen to give future brides (and those just interested in knowing) my REAL experience having a Royal Caribbean wedding. Please follow my blog, comment, tweet it out, whatever you want to do! I'm going to be actively involved in this journey, since I am the bride and all, and want to make it fun, informative, and entertaining for all!! Maybe even have the largest cruise reception EVER?! I don't know I'm dreaming big, but I only have 122 days for all of this! I hope y'all can find this helpful on your 2015 bridal journey!

So, HERE IT IS: http://royalweddingexperience.blogspot.com

Share the blog with friends and family via twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets! Thanks in advance for all the support! Please feel free to follow me on twitter as well @lalford9

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So! I've been busy! Save the dates are out, all deposits are down except photography, everything is done. I have a lot of people who will most likely fly to St Thomas. A lot of people are saying they're going though..I already have the invitations picked out. Dress is bought..took me a minute to find a nice light dress for the beach. Ahhhh April 13 can't come soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is, a lot of it is taken care of by the wedding planner. She has great reviews. I'm so happy I chose to have it in St Thomas. I do have to send in the paperwork. That's something I haven't done. I don't know how many people are going so there's no reception stuff done. The planner said that can be arranged a few months out so I'm not worried. I like the laid back style anyways. I work so much I don't have time for every tiny detail. That's why I hired her :)

Much cheaper than with carnival. I get a beautiful location all the help and planning. I hated the locations on the ship. They looked awful. The planner had great references unlike the wedding experience. I'm just happy to use her!

The thing is, a lot of it is taken care of by the wedding planner. She has great reviews. I'm so happy I chose to have it in St Thomas. I do have to send in the paperwork. That's something I haven't done. I don't know how many people are going so there's no reception stuff done. The planner said that can be arranged a few months out so I'm not worried. I like the laid back style anyways. I work so much I don't have time for every tiny detail. That's why I hired her :)

Which planner are you using? We are also getting married in St Thomas and using a planner there. We choose St Peter's Greathouse as our site because I wanted the view but I'm not the 'on the beach' kind of bride.

I too hate the options that Carnival gave us. I am getting a whole lot more for the same price basically and I get to choose everything. I have narrowed my planners down to Pam Larsen with Tropical Weddings Virgin Islands and Danielle at Bolongo. Both have wonderful communication and prices. I just cant decide what beach I want it on! But I recommend both so far...they are both on facebook.

Which planner are you using? We are also getting married in St Thomas and using a planner there. We choose St Peter's Greathouse as our site because I wanted the view but I'm not the 'on the beach' kind of bride.

I am using island bliss weddings. I have heard/read amazing things about Janelle and her husband Stuart. We chose lime tree beach because there's a grassy area for the ceremony and then beach for photos. Plus, no other wedding will be going on at the same time. Did you pick a photographer?

I am using island bliss weddings. I have heard/read amazing things about Janelle and her husband Stuart. We chose lime tree beach because there's a grassy area for the ceremony and then beach for photos. Plus, no other wedding will be going on at the same time. Did you pick a photographer?

We're using Island Wedding Services. We're having a very small, simple wedding...just us and family. There will be 9 of us altogether so very intimate. Right now we haven't added a photography package...I'm debating on that since I really just want a couple of good photos of us.

I am getting Married on April 18, 2015 on RCCL Liberty of the Seas. We are using cruisingweddings.com. The owners name is Brook. She is great and has been very helpful. She gets paid from the cruise lines so there's no extra fee to use her. I wish I would've used her from the beginning. She has a lot of experience with all the cruise lines and the wedding packages they offer.

Hey, we are booking same cruise for our wedding as well:-)! Congrats!!! Are u getting married on the ship or at Cozumel? How many guests and how long is the reception? I am just starting to work on my details!!

We are planning April 12,2015 on the Carnival Liberty! Are any of you getting married on an island?

My boyfriend and I are getting married on the Liberty too! Our date is May 3rd-8th though out of Port Canaveral. I think we have the same itinerary, just days swapped around. (I looked at your sailing date when figuring our date out.) We are getting married in Nassau (we have been before and nothing special about it unless you go to a private beach, so we do not feel bad taking that day partially away from our guests.) on Orange Hill beach resort. We are then having our reception for 1 1/2 hours back on the ship. We have basically everything planned so if you have any questions or we can talk cruise weddings, just let me know!

Congrats!

My boyfriend and I are getting married on the Liberty too! Our date is May 3rd-8th though out of Port Canaveral. I think we have the same itinerary, just days swapped around. (I looked at your sailing date when figuring our date out.) We are getting married in Nassau (we have been before and nothing special about it unless you go to a private beach, so we do not feel bad taking that day partially away from our guests.) on Orange Hill beach resort. We are then having our reception for 1 1/2 hours back on the ship. We have basically everything planned so if you have any questions or we can talk cruise weddings, just let me know!

Congrats!

Hey;-))

Thank you so much for your offer!We have not even started booking our wedding yet and I have soooo many questions;))!How many people attending the wedding?Ours will be around 50 people. Also, what time are you getting married at the island?Are you doing civil wedding before the cruise? Are you going back to the cruise right after the ceremony? Did you organize logistics?How about decorations ect?Our issue is the fact we want longer reception like 3 hours or 2 hours of reception and 2 hours of dinner. But the cruise cannot provide such an option so we are thinking of the ways to spend longer time with our guests.

Have you been on a cruise before?It is the first one for both of us so we are looking for what to watch out for;-):confused::):D

How very exciting, Greg!

Yeah I'm excited and finding it hard not to let the cat out of the bag to her

Going to do a full flash mob proposal on her on the ship

60 in it so far so should be great

Greg :)