2015 Brides!

Ahhhhh, soda. I did have a soda (for the first time in weeks) on Wednesday night, and it was.....yuck! :p

I don't think of it as a diet...more of a lifestyle change. I honestly eat more food in a day than nearly anyone I know, but it's all healthy, clean foods. The program is called 21 Day Fix, and it's all about clean, portion-controlled eating. It's such a super simple, very straight forward program, and the best thing is it def works!! If you would like more info I can e-mail you.

Sure! dustinandstacyjohnson@gmail.com

So our plans have once again changed!!! But now I can say we are firmly booked in our ceremony plans! Originally we were going to get off in the middle of the cruise and get married on Nassau, Bahamas however when looking at prices, it just didn't seem like something we wanted to spend $4000.00 on for an hour. So after further planning we picked something different! We are going to get married at Cocoa Beach by Port Canaveral the day of embarktion! We are waking up early and getting married on Sunday April 12 in Florida (FL license, same package but 1,200 dollars!!!) Then we will board the ship and still have a cocktail reception for our guests. Now we will possibly have more guests that will be able to come just for the ceremony which could be fun! :) yay! So things are starting to really get better now that deposits are down for everything. Each day inching closer and closer! :)

Hello everyone!

This is officially my first post... I am getting married on April 25th, 2015 aboard Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas and I am going crazy over here. I am in love with the "idea" of getting married at a unique venue then sailing off to the Caribbean thereafter, BUT being a detail oriented person I am having some issues with relinquishing control.

I'm having my doubts on many aspects of the wedding. The first thing that drives me crazy is not knowing my venue until 30 - 45 days prior to the wedding. . . Well what if I'm not in love with the venue that I am assigned then what?:eek: Another thing is decor. What if we don;t have time to set up decorations? Or do I set up decorations in front of my guests? And the biggest question is do I want to spend all that money for a 2 - 2.5hr event????? :confused: I mean when you think about it that's a lot of money.

The hardest part of all of this is I have searched and searched but I cannot find any good pictures anywhere that would give me an idea of how it would look. So I am literally over here FREAKING OUT.

Is there anyone out there that could give me advice or share pictures with me that may help me out. I have a lil over 6 months before my wedding and I am unsure of my venue :eek::confused::eek::confused:

So our plans have once again changed!!! But now I can say we are firmly booked in our ceremony plans! Originally we were going to get off in the middle of the cruise and get married on Nassau, Bahamas however when looking at prices, it just didn't seem like something we wanted to spend $4000.00 on for an hour. So after further planning we picked something different! We are going to get married at Cocoa Beach by Port Canaveral the day of embarktion! We are waking up early and getting married on Sunday April 12 in Florida (FL license, same package but 1,200 dollars!!!) Then we will board the ship and still have a cocktail reception for our guests. Now we will possibly have more guests that will be able to come just for the ceremony which could be fun! :) yay! So things are starting to really get better now that deposits are down for everything. Each day inching closer and closer! :)

Awesome~! Sounds like it is all coming together

Hello everyone!

This is officially my first post... I am getting married on April 25th, 2015 aboard Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas and I am going crazy over here. I am in love with the "idea" of getting married at a unique venue then sailing off to the Caribbean thereafter, BUT being a detail oriented person I am having some issues with relinquishing control.

I'm having my doubts on many aspects of the wedding. The first thing that drives me crazy is not knowing my venue until 30 - 45 days prior to the wedding. . . Well what if I'm not in love with the venue that I am assigned then what?:eek: Another thing is decor. What if we don;t have time to set up decorations? Or do I set up decorations in front of my guests? And the biggest question is do I want to spend all that money for a 2 - 2.5hr event????? :confused: I mean when you think about it that's a lot of money.

The hardest part of all of this is I have searched and searched but I cannot find any good pictures anywhere that would give me an idea of how it would look. So I am literally over here FREAKING OUT.

Is there anyone out there that could give me advice or share pictures with me that may help me out. I have a lil over 6 months before my wedding and I am unsure of my venue :eek::confused::eek::confused:

Unfortunately this is definitely a planning thing where you have to be willing to let go of details. With Carnival you don't know which venue until two weeks out unless you get the DJ but you can make a request of your preference. We requested the Library because of the proximity to the dining room for my DF mother who has issues walking long distances and I didn't want her to have to use a wheel chair on her only child's wedding day.

As for Decor, with Carnival(the only line I really know) they supply some and there isn't a lot of time to add extra unless you assign someone to do it for you.

Hi everyone! I just joined this site so I'm very new to this, I am getting married 3-3-15 on the carnival breeze! Does anyone have any planning tips for me?

Here is a great thread that has lots pf tips from past brides who have been kind enough to come back and share with us all:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1432639&referrerid=1090944

21DF info coming your way today! Awesome that you changed your pans for something that works better for you and is making you happy! Your new plans sound like they will be much less hectic.

WELCOME to the new brides! I am also an extremist planner/organizer, so I understand your frustration with having to give someone else the reins. Trust me, it will be ok - and in the long run you will be happy to have someone ese taking care of everything. I am not, however, working with a cruise line so I have no pointers on that front. One question I do have is: Oasis of the Seas has a gorgeous chapel on board; how do couples go about booking the chapel (if it isn't something you've already asked, of course)? I'm just curious because I would think that there would be a policy/guidelines about booking the chapel as I would assume it is a popular spot - and the Pinnacle Chapel is so beautiful who woudn't want their wedding there? (just my opinion, of course :) )

This is officially my first post... I am getting married in Grand Turk beach Island ceremony and sailing on Carnival Breeze, August 30, 2015. I love that I found this forum by pure accident and love all the information I've found so far. We've finished the web site and sent out the Save the dates, now I'm looking into formal wedding invites. Not sure what I want...would love to make my own travel passport type invite but not sure where to start. Any one come across a site or know of where I could view samples and order any? Any help would be greatly welcomed.

THANK YOU!!!!:)

And the super hysterical question of the day is: Should I wear Spanx when I go to try on dresses? :confused: :)

Thanks for the 21DF I love the idea! When I went I brought spanx 3/4 places I went. When I didn't have them I really wanted them. Something about feeling more feminine in the dress but I think it's honestly personal opinion. Sometimes my spanx make me look rounder though so it really just depended on the dress I had on. I'd say bring them just in case! :)

We are not planning a wedding, but we are planning an event on the Oasis for Nov. 15, 2014. I will tell you we wanted to use the Pinnacle Chapel and received an email from Royal Romance that the Pinnacle Chapel, Pinnacle Lounge and Viking Crown Lounge will no longer be there after the dry dock in Oct. FYI, they are offering Jazz on 4 or a conference room instead.

We are not planning a wedding, but we are planning an event on the Oasis for Nov. 15, 2014. I will tell you we wanted to use the Pinnacle Chapel and received an email from Royal Romance that the Pinnacle Chapel, Pinnacle Lounge and Viking Crown Lounge will no longer be there after the dry dock in Oct. FYI, they are offering Jazz on 4 or a conference room instead.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I had read somewhere they were going to do away with the chapel but I wasn't positive.

Dress shopping was a success!! In my words "I contractually own a wedding dress!" :D I'm so flipping excited! I put it on and had that moment....tears and all. I didn't even want to try on any other dresses, but my gals and Mom insisted that I finish the ones we had chosen. I had 2 left and put one all the way on and just draped the other over me....it was so ehhhh after I found the one.

I did have a small argument with the lady about what size to order. The sample I tried on was a 16 and it fit perfectly. So them measuring tape lady shows up (who hasn't seen me in the dress) and does her thing....then tells me that she suggests I order a 22 or 24. I said "No, I want that size." She went and looked at the tag and said "WOW!! You're on a mission." (Kinda rude, no?!) I explained that the dress fit, so why would I want to order a dress that was 3-4 sizes too big and pay them an arm and a leg for alterations. :eek: Sooooo....she asked if I would put the dress on so she could see it. She still didn't agree that I should order the 16, but whatever I did - even the 16 (as it fits now) needs to be taken in around the bust.

So that being said I'm on even more of a mission to drop some more LBs. I told my Mom and gals that I want that dress to be falling off me when it comes in, just to prove my point, because I'm stubbornly vindictive like that (oh, did I admit that out loud?!). :)

Stacy, if you want to order 21DF let me know and I'll send you a link to order it through me. My friend and I are getting together tonight to set up the challenge group and iron things out.

How is everyone else's planning coming?!

How is everyone else's planning coming?!

Waiting for dress to finish alterations and getting ready to mail in for Marriage license. Waiting for the rest of the Tux accessories in the mail.

I have been working on my brooch bouquet with what I have so far. Still waiting on several brooch gifts from my friends and family. I have decided to mail my bouquet and Kilt Pins to my mother in Florida to bring with her rather than try to get through TSA with a ball of floral wire and three inch long pins lol

111 DAYS!!!!

Hello!! I still have yet to pay off the remainder of my dress. I really need to take the time to do that.. It's just a little bit away..soon :)

I have been trying to figure out a lunch/reception after the ceremony. We have quite a few family members flying just for the day and they are gonna wanna eat. So I'm trying to figure out a budget friendly way for 20-25 of us to have a nice lunch while in St. Thomas.

Other than that...I've been looking at wedding cakes to get ideas..looking at how the setups are for the ceremony.. And that's about it!!

189 days!! Just about 7 months to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is this diet you speak of? I'm working hard gave up pop for almost 4 weeks now but its not wworkig ahhhhh haha

Trying using the my fitness pal apply and track your food intake. I have been doing it and am losing two pounds a week. I still get to eat the food that I want just in moderation. I am down ten pounds as of today.

I have decided to mail my bouquet and Kilt Pins to my mother in Florida to bring with her rather than try to get through TSA with a ball of floral wire and three inch long pins lol

111 DAYS!!!!

Good thinking!! I'd love to see a picture when you're done with it. I love old broaches and pins - I snatch them up at yard sales all of the time!

DustinandStacy2015 - I too am a Liberty bride, now Valor, Nov 2015. We were, still am, disappointed to say the least. Our letter will be emailed to Carnival tomorrow....we are sleeping on it before sending. We understand Corporate decisions, we are seasoned Carnival cruisers, and know the chance we took in planning and choosing the Liberty. The letter is something I need to do. We had/have 14 cabins booked with an additional 10 yet to book.

Since receiving notice of the switch, and even though Port Canaveral is our port of choice, we researched different ports, ships, days, and itineraries to no avail and various reasons. We made the decision yesterday to stay with the Valor.

In my opinion and research, I do not see the Liberty and Valor as a comparable switch. I believe the Liberty was pulled in hopes of increasing the bookings on the Sunshine which seem to be suffering and replaced by a non upgraded Valor. We sailed the Sunshine and it was not even a second choice.....so much we didn't care for.

We have not sailed the Valor but just booked for Nov 9th and will fly to Puerto Rico in order to check out the ship.....expensive but making the effort to get excited.

I'm staying positive, I know it will work out and what's important is getting married and sharing our day with friends and family :)

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

We were scheduled to be married on the Liberty. Ultimately we switched dates and ports but are happy now. The Sunshine is an awfully overcrowded ship that has no real suitable venue for a wedding onboard, at least not a large one anyways. I think for cruising it would be fine. But to be honest, I am not surprised they can't keep the bookings up on it. It seems so SMALL even though I know its not....the layout is just awful......they did do the Serenity deck(s) right though:) I'd pick the Valor over the Sunshine any day...I love all the Conquest class ships though.

Our wedding is in March and I have yet to buy my dress or even order invitations...I suppose I should get on those tasks. I did find my shoes today. tukshoes.com has some really neat options and I ordered mine from them. Will let you know how they are when I receive them.

WOW I feel like so much has changed in our wedding planning (this is why it's important to keep an open mind ladies and gents when you are out 8plus months because things will CHANGE)

I am soooooo much more positive lately! We have planned our itinerary how we like it and it seems to be working so much better then just trying to please everyone. So here goes!

We are getting married on Cocoa Beach, FL on Sunday, April 12th in the morning with our friends and family right there with us! We went through elitebeachweddings. com for our ceremony. Much cheaper then getting married in Nassau which would have costed around 4000. We are paying 1200 now! Our friends and family who couldn't take off 5 days for the cruise are now having the option to fly down for a few days just to celebrate the ceremony with us and then those of us who are cruising will get the 2 hour reception to celebrate on the ship! :) This has been the best decision we made as both of my sisters and some of my FH groomsmen could not make it on the cruise, so now they can make it to the ceremony in Florida which I truly appreciate!

-Dress paid and in a secret spot at home! (now just waiting for 2 more months to get it altered as I am working on getting in shape)

-Ceremony deposit down! Reserved and ready to go!

-Hotel in Cocoa Beach, Fl reserved and ready for people to book!

-Cruise paid for and waiting to hear back on finalized reception plans (paid for)

-Got some stuff for our gift bags, Target had an amazing clearance deal on travel stuff so we got shampoos, conditioners for SUPER cheap! We also have advil, face wipes and lint rollers, mini notebooks lined up! We just keep looking for great deals.

-Bubbles bought for the ceremony! 2.00 for 30 at Walmart on clearance and I'm tying cute burlap around them! (Hey its a big thing to me!HAHAHA)

-Bridesmaids dresses ordered and jewellery done!

-Message in a bottle stuff purchased! (we are doing this instead of a guestbook. We bought a bottle and labels from Zazzle to have people leave us some words of advice and then we will break it on our year anniversary!)

Wooftah. I feel like I've gotten A LOT done over the last month and I just keep chugging along.

WOW I feel like so much has changed in our wedding planning (this is why it's important to keep an open mind ladies and gents when you are out 8plus months because things will CHANGE)

I am soooooo much more positive lately!

I'm so glad you found the solution that makes you happy. My mother has tried to convince us five times to switch to the Beach at Daytona. Just not our idea of what we want. That's why there are so many different types of weddings.

I really am very happy you found your positive happy place for planning. I worried the Carnival changes would leave you feet by trapped rather than excited.p. :) YAY for happy endings/beginnings!

I'm so glad you found the solution that makes you happy. My mother has tried to convince us five times to switch to the Beach at Daytona. Just not our idea of what we want. That's why there are so many different types of weddings.

I really am very happy you found your positive happy place for planning. I worried the Carnival changes would leave you feet by trapped rather than excited.p. :) YAY for happy endings/beginnings!

YES! People who say destination weddings are easier and cheaper....uhhh I'd like to talk to them because it is NOT the case. You can make them cheaper of course but there is A LOT that goes into it! hahaha 6 months today!