2015 Brides!

Yeah I'm excited and finding it hard not to let the cat out of the bag to her

Going to do a full flash mob proposal on her on the ship

60 in it so far so should be great

Greg :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That sounds awesome! I hope someone videos it!

That sounds awesome! I hope someone videos it!

Yeah I have three so far organised to video it and then I'll edit the footage together

Working on the song mix and choreography at the moment and think I'll be a dead man that night but oh well

Only live once hehe

My boyfriend and I are getting married on the Liberty too! Our date is May 3rd-8th though out of Port Canaveral. I think we have the same itinerary, just days swapped around. (I looked at your sailing date when figuring our date out.) We are getting married in Nassau (we have been before and nothing special about it unless you go to a private beach, so we do not feel bad taking that day partially away from our guests.) on Orange Hill beach resort. We are then having our reception for 1 1/2 hours back on the ship. We have basically everything planned so if you have any questions or we can talk cruise weddings, just let me know!

Congrats!

Did you book everything already?! Awesome!!! :)

Hey;-))

Thank you so much for your offer!We have not even started booking our wedding yet and I have soooo many questions;))!How many people attending the wedding?Ours will be around 50 people. Also, what time are you getting married at the island?Are you doing civil wedding before the cruise? Are you going back to the cruise right after the ceremony? Did you organize logistics?How about decorations ect?Our issue is the fact we want longer reception like 3 hours or 2 hours of reception and 2 hours of dinner. But the cruise cannot provide such an option so we are thinking of the ways to spend longer time with our guests.

Have you been on a cruise before?It is the first one for both of us so we are looking for what to watch out for;-):confused::):D

I could possibly help with some of your questions!

-I have around 30 people I think are coming.... possibly more, we did invite 90 but who knows.

We are getting married at Nassau at Sandyport Poopdeck Restaurant (they have a beach but also inside if it rains all day)

We are actually getting our marriage license through the Bahamas as we will be on the waters for 24 hours prior. We are getting back on the ship right away to do the 2 hour reception with the apps and open bar. We will have everyone meet us for dinner in the normal hall later in the evening.

The cruise itself is SOOOO much fun. What itinerary and ship are you going on? Make sure to check cruisecritic here on the actual ships for reviews and what to do while you're on the ship!

-I have around 30 people I think are coming.... possibly more, we did invite 90 but who knows.

We are getting married at Nassau at Sandyport Poopdeck Restaurant (they have a beach but also inside if it rains all day)

We are actually getting our marriage license through the Bahamas as we will be on the waters for 24 hours prior. We are getting back on the ship right away to do the 2 hour reception with the apps and open bar. We will have everyone meet us for dinner in the normal hall later in the evening.

The cruise itself is SOOOO much fun. What itinerary and ship are you going on? Make sure to check cruisecritic here on the actual ships for reviews and what to do while you're on the ship!

From this and a couple of others you've solde on a wedding cruise

Just got to see what

My better half comes up with

From this and a couple of others you've solde on a wedding cruise

Just got to see what

My better half comes up with

Awesome!

This website has really saved my life (well not literally I suppose lol) but Its been so helpful to see what everyone's tricks and ideas have been like. I just can't wait.

How is everyone else sitting right now?!

We are booked aboard Carnival Conquest and will get married on Day 3 on Grand Turk using Carnival's wedding package team. The ship is only in port from 7a to 2p, so there is not enough time in port to try to shop around for a better deal on private wedding planners/venues...

Has anyone seen another post on a different forum regarding getting married on Grand Turk?

Thank you for your response;-).Our ship is Liberty of the Seas, which seems to have good reviews. How could I check itinerary though?

Did you book your reception and ceremony through the company associated with the cruise line or separately?We got recommended by our travel agent to use an independent company for the ceremony in

Cozumel, however in case ship cannot get to Cozumel for whatever reason the wedding will take place in the last day of the trip at the port of Ft. Lauderale. Independent company has much more flexibility and options and really can organize things I would prefer. However, I am not sure how much risk would it involve?

Hi Everyone!

Getting married in April 2015 on the Carnival Fascination. We wanted to get married during the fun day at sea but realized after reading their wedding section frequently asked questions that it would be impossible. So we have now decided that we would like to get married on embarkation day. I look forward to reading the many posts and asking MANY questions along the way!

We have officially booked the wedding and cruise! I felt like I was signing my life away but I think it was just the jitters because I realized this is really happening! OMG! I'm extremely excited and ready to complete the planning process. We are going to pick my dress this weekend and there are many things that I have learned from this site! Please feel free to share and please don't fault me for my "stupid questions" lol!!

Congrats to all the ladies with upcoming weddings!

We have officially booked the wedding and cruise! I felt like I was signing my life away but I think it was just the jitters because I realized this is really happening! OMG! I'm extremely excited and ready to complete the planning process. We are going to pick my dress this weekend and there are many things that I have learned from this site! Please feel free to share and please don't fault me for my "stupid questions" lol!!

Congrats to all the ladies with upcoming weddings!

Congratulations and remember, there are NO stupid questions!

We have the wedding and cruise paid for, hotel reservations for the night before the wedding made and rental car for after the cruise reserved. Our flight dates aren't available on our airline of choice yet. This month we are buying our wedding attire and hoping our flight dates open up soon. January is getting closer all the while!

hope everyone else's planning is coming along.

I am SO ready to continue my planning. I literally have done a majority of everything. The only thing that still needs to be done is the $900 deposit for the photographer...so much for a damn deposit, but she's great and books up fast.

have you all picked out dresses? I put the deposit down a couple months ago. Its a Mori Lee and very light and flow-ee for the beach. AND super cheap. $650!! I couldn't believe I fell in love with a cheap dress.. More $$ for excursions!! lol

Save the Dates are out. I didn't mention on them about the cruise. They only say that the wedding is going to be in St Thomas. I have a wedding website that I did, but NO ONE has even looked at it. I'm debating on doing a facebook "event" type of thing and or just a little group with all the people we wouldn't mind going on the cruise with us. I'm just not sure yet. Gotta see what the fiancé thinks.

I know some of you have done a facebook page, was it effective. The save the dates are already out and and formal invitations will be out around November. I was thinking of mentioning the cruise there? I'm so confused... :confused::confused::confused:

I have a page on the knot and then I have set up a Facebook group for those we would like to join us. I'm keeping the cabin list and info they need there. I also included the wedding website on my invitations and I post it on Facebook about once a month.

have you all picked out dresses? I put the deposit down a couple months ago. Its a Mori Lee and very light and flow-ee for the beach. AND super cheap. $650!! I couldn't believe I fell in love with a cheap dress.. More $$ for excursions!! lol

I picked mine out a few months ago. It will be about $165 when all is said and done. Thank goodness for light in the box. We also found buying a tux was as cheap as renting it so we are doing that.

I'm now just waiting for January 25th to do this thing!

Is anyone else on this thread getting married on Allure (or and RCL for that matter) and actually having the ceremony on board? That is what we are doing (Feb 1, 2015 Eastern Caribbean), but I am having such a hard time finding out anything. We are struggling with doing our reception at Chops (we are buying it out) or having a private reception in another space after dinner. I don't know what the layout of the room is like so its hard to know.

I got my dress in Toronto in June (love it!) and we will be sending out our invitations in the next 2 weeks, with an RSVP date of October 3rd. I also have no idea how to arrange photography, music etc.

Does anyone happen to know also if they have any rooms they are willing to lend out to get ready in, I fear our ocean view state room will be to small for 12 women plus hair/makeup? I can't wait to be assigned our coordinator so I can ask her some questions. We will likely have 3 RR wedding coordinators and 3 Group Event coordinators (party of 80). So someone should be able to help!!

Is anyone else feeling super overstimulated!?! I'm going nuts trying to figure out the logistics of it all. Even with everyone's tips on here my brain is going 100000000 miles a minute. lol....

Ditto

And I'm only at proposal stage

I'll end up a wreck

Is anyone else feeling super overstimulated!?! I'm going nuts trying to figure out the logistics of it all. Even with everyone's tips on here my brain is going 100000000 miles a minute. lol....

This month is the one we have set aside to order my gown and his tuxedo. I have been ok until I see the countdown to how close everything is getting. The airline just put the dates up for the flights we need this week and so now I am freaking out over getting our flights lol... I have decided I can't figure out if I need to ship things to my mother in Florida for her to bring for me until I see how much room my gown takes for Carry on. I've also tried to decide if I can bear shipping my gown to her for her to bring so that I wouldn't have to worry about traveling with it since she will be driving over. Fortunately thus far I don't think anyone else has figured out the crazy ticking and panic in my brain about trying to get it all done. Imagine if I didn't have Carnival doing so many of the details for me. :p lol

I'm getting married on the Carnival Splendor on August 4, 2015. Super excited! 5th cruise overall, so getting married on a cruise was right up our alley. So far, not panicking yet, but I'm sure I will be soon enough! We have about 50 guests with about 25 sailing. Looking forward to reading more on this thread!

I know I need to break down and make a list but with all the details it is super overwhelming. (sand ceremony, flowers, jewelery, shoes, music, reception details) the list goes on and on..... wooftah.

I did the spreadsheet of our budget just so my fiance could see how much money we are putting aside and that everything will be covered. I think he was worried we'd get on the cruise and have no fun money. I kind of was too. I update it each time we spend money or either of us make a deposit. It helps me not.panic about what isn't done yet. But I'm a planner. It's my comfort.

I did the spreadsheet of our budget just so my fiance could see how much money we are putting aside and that everything will be covered. I think he was worried we'd get on the cruise and have no fun money. I kind of was too. I update it each time we spend money or either of us make a deposit. It helps me not.panic about what isn't done yet. But I'm a planner. It's my comfort.

I see you are getting married on the Sensation - and we have made the decision to do the same! I've been on that ship twice, my fiance once, and we both decided a 3 night cruise would make a great weekend getaway with our guests. We were originally thinking of a 7 night - but with the number we are inviting - 3 nights just made sense for them time wise and financially. We are finalizing our date choices this weekend, and calling to book early next week. I am so excited!