Excursions MUST be booked through ship?

dcherry

I am researching excursion options for Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios and am finding that some of the independent websites have a comment that if you are on a cruise ship we must book the excursion through the ship. For example, the dolphin swim at Ocho Rios and the Sea Trek on Grand Cayman. Is this really the case? Why?

Those companies have contracts with the cruise lines. The line gets a cut of excursions booked through them and their contracts probably prohibit "cut-outs" who book direct, denying them their percentage.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Prices are likely to be identical (and if not, Carnival has the ShoreEx guarantee) and when booked through the ship they're FAR less likely to leave you on the beach if your return is delayed.

I am researching excursion options for Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios and am finding that some of the independent websites have a comment that if you are on a cruise ship we must book the excursion through the ship. For example, the dolphin swim at Ocho Rios and the Sea Trek on Grand Cayman. Is this really the case? Why?

I emailed Sky Safari zip line in Stat. Kitts and was told that if I was on a cruise ship, I could not book independently. I think the price guarantee only applies if a like excursion can be booked independently. We did go with the ship excursion which was only about $10 pp more and it included transportation.

Prices are likely to be identical (and if not, Carnival has the ShoreEx guarantee).

If the tour operator doesn't allow you to book independently, Carnival will not honor the price match guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have seen a few places mention this on their websites in alaska but when I emailed them and told them the ship I was coming on they seemed to have no problem booking me independently. Less Crowded :) it doesn't hurt to ask