Zuiderdam Alaska Aug 2014

guineapig

Hi, we are a couple in our late 50's from the UK going to Alaska in August 2014 for the first time, done cruises around Med and Northern Europe with other companies mainly RC. I would love any advice/tips for our 7 day cruise to Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan through inside passage from Vancouver. We are doing coach tour before through the Rockies but fly from Vancouver straight after cruise. Any thoughts about ship/tours/clothing, tips to get most from cruise, all greatly appreciated.:)

We did this cruise on this ship a couple of years ago. I found the bow to be a good place to be in Glacier Bay. You will find that a lot of people hang out in the warm library on these days where you can get a nice view without going outdoors. My preference was the bow.

Hi, we are a couple in our late 50's from the UK going to Alaska in August 2014 for the first time, done cruises around Med and Northern Europe with other companies mainly RC. I would love any advice/tips for our 7 day cruise to Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan through inside passage from Vancouver. We are doing coach tour before through the Rockies but fly from Vancouver straight after cruise. Any thoughts about ship/tours/clothing, tips to get most from cruise, all greatly appreciated.:)

There are very comprehensive lists of clothing, found by searching this board.

Hundreds of excursions. You need to first, look over a shore excursion list. Determine your budget (no point in me recommending flying, if of no interest?) and interests. Narrow down your list, then post specific tour questions. The answers are easy to get.

Go to the HAL board and your roll call for ship information.