Millenium Transatlantic 11/18/05

Brucemcdou

Hello all you sailors,

For those of you that haven't looked at the regular board lately and don't know, our 4 travel companions have canceled the cruise........bummer! Also, we're in a new cabin, # 9101 (give us a shout). We've been assigned to the AC Barcelona hotel, any others? Anyone decided to go to Montserrat? We're seriously thinking about it, but still undecided about EVERYTHING because we planned to be with our friends on all the shore excursions and buddy around with them throughout the trip. Now we're feeling a little lost (they were going to be our tour guides in all the ports since they have been to all of them several times before). Needless to say, we didn't see a reason to do much research ahead of time because we we're just going to let our friends lead us around by the nose.

J & K

AM3.....Yes, our friends canceled bkz of the changes...and other issues caused by Wilma when it blew in their direction. What info can you give us about bus and train numbers/routes too/from Barcelona for Montserrat?

Dick and Joe.....Here's our email address: cruznut@sbcglobal.net

If we're going to contact one another at the hotel we should exchange last names, agree?

Jerry (and Kirk)

Hi - we should make some plans for Saturday evening. Since we'll all be scattered at different hotels, shall we meet at a central place - how about the lobby bar at the hotel Axel (?) on Saturday at 9 p.m. (?) We're open for any suggestions from BCN regulars about other places or other times but thought I'd throw something out there.

All of us who join the regular roll call group at the fountains on Friday evening and then for Tapas we'll recognize, but in case anyone doesn't, we've also just sent our pictures to Aquasch to add to the photo list he's making. I know that Rick and PD have - any others?

DiknJoe - here's a link to the hotel's website with a map:http://www.hotelaxel.com/index.php?lan=en&men=get_there&file=map_micro. Friends who've visited say the lobby bar is pretty happening - you may have seen them advertising in Advocate, Passport, and other Gay travel mags. It's at 33 Aribau, and the nearest Metro station is Plaza Universitat. AhoyMatey3 and my partner and I are staying there pre-cruise (or pre-pre-cruise?) so maybe we'll have a little sense of where to go nearby. Plus it sounds as if Noni and Steddi visit Barcelona frequently and probably can introduce us to a few go-go boys :rolleyes:

Hi guys, we have decided to stay at the Axel for Thursday night and we will be at Catalonia Barcelona Plaza for Friday- and Saturday night. Well located Hotel right in the very center of Barcelona, by Plaza De Espana.

Montserrat is really worth visiting, the nicest way is to go on your own, renting a car is not so expensive and then you can explore the country side and the scenary on your way driving up to Montserrat - it´s high up in the mountains. Before you go check out the time when the boys quire is singing so you don´t miss it. For those of you interested in architecture and culture it may be interested to visit Poble Espanyol + the Gaudí buildings and Parc Güell. Don´t miss Sagrada Família and the Picasso Museum in the Gothic quarter.

When in Barcelona just ask for Gayguide for the city, (In Europe it´s just normal) at least you will get it in all the sex shops and all the Gay/Gayfriendly hotels, Hotel Axel will surely have it and there you will find all the places. Around Axel you find a good selection of bars. (DIVA is our favorite restaurant in Barcelona for dinner&drag) Sorry to say - but we are not big fans of GOGO guys and do not aim for the gogo places.

Well guys - have fun and enjoy Barcelona!! :cool:

Steindor Ivarsson (Steddi)

Jon Sigurdsson (Nonni)

Cabin nr. 9131

http://www.crusader.org.uk/montserrat/

http://www.cataloniabarcelonaplaza.com/

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/gay/barcelona-gay-club.html

I have just received an E-Mail from Don Fluke, our Cruise Director. He will be happy to schedule our meetings for most nights of our cruise. The only question is "When"?

Don indicates that most Friends of Dorothy, in his experience, tend to dine at the late seating. I know this is true for us. So please post when you all are eating, or send me an e-mail miadik@bellsouth.net and I'll feed the information back to Don. He says they can be flexible, so we can probably make adjustments once we are on board.

By the way, he was responding to my letter (37 cents). I guess the fax at $8.00/ minute didn't get to him. Technology is a wonderful thing.

One Month to Go! Whoooppppieeeeee!

Dick and Joe

Hi - does anyone know if Don Fluke was CD (CD = cross dresser? Nah!) on the Summit last year, November??

I think so, and if that is the case - he is terrific!! He scheduled FOD parties 3 times and we entertained him when we had guests in (we were able to get PS with player piano! what a hoot) which was almost every night after our butler asked on third day out, "Aren't you going to have a cocktail party?"

We are at MIA airport waiting for our Iberia flight to Madrid - which is late arriving - on Spanish time already!!

Look forward to meeting you all. After Wilma and her two sisters, Katrina and Rita, we need a break!

Bob (& Walter)

I suppose most of you are on the way or alreday in Europe. We don't leave until Thursday afternoon, so today was a push to finish the ironing, packing, and tieing up loose ends.

It was 87 degrees here today with strong drying winds, so tomorrow we'll concentrate on watering the 1/2 acre landscaped grounds and the potted plants, and then we'll be free to relax a little...yeah!

See you all soon!

J & K

Archived