Wedding Tours??

NicoletteBory

Hello,

I stumbled across a post that someone mentioned a Wedding Tour of the different locations. What does that mean? When will Carnival offer to give a tour of location? I am going to book on Carnival Breeze for January 25, 2015. I have already spoken to a coordinator which was really rude but what can you expect, I live in Miami and the coordinator was a Miss. Thing attitude instead of bubbly and happy voice. I hung up saying I BETTER NOT get her as my wedding coordinator because I will flip !! So, hopefully when I call back I get someone different and I get more information.

If anyone has any recent photos of their wedding on Breeze or review of how it went, please let me know. Did you get married on Miami Port or on an island port.

There is a lot of information over on the Honeymoon/Wedding board. There have been a couple of Breeze weddings this year where the couples wrote reviews of their experiences.

"

As for the tour you're asking about--they do allow couples to do a "ship inspection" tour after you book. You are allowed a group of 4 adults (including yourself) and it gives you a chance to see the different venues and if there's a wedding that day you'll see the rooms decorated. We did ours about nine months before our wedding (Carnival prefers them to be closer to your wedding), but it gave us a chance to realize that an embarkation was not for us and make changes. We brought my Mom and Grammy with us and it was a lovely day. Once we were done exploring we had lunch and debarked with the wedding guests before sailing.

The Miami-based Carnival coordinators can be interesting. Each is assigned to two or three ships and compiles your information for the third-party wedding coordinators and the ship. Other than our initial phone conference with ours, we didn't have any issues.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

There is a lot of information over on the Honeymoon/Wedding board. There have been a couple of Breeze weddings this year where the couples wrote reviews of their experiences.

"

As for the tour you're asking about--they do allow couples to do a "ship inspection" tour after you book. You are allowed a group of 4 adults (including yourself) and it gives you a chance to see the different venues and if there's a wedding that day you'll see the rooms decorated. We did ours about nine months before our wedding (Carnival prefers them to be closer to your wedding), but it gave us a chance to realize that an embarkation was not for us and make changes. We brought my Mom and Grammy with us and it was a lovely day. Once we were done exploring we had lunch and debarked with the wedding guests before sailing.

The Miami-based Carnival coordinators can be interesting. Each is assigned to two or three ships and compiles your information for the third-party wedding coordinators and the ship. Other than our initial phone conference with ours, we didn't have any issues.

That is what I am afraid of that the embarkation day won't be for us because I tend to over think everything !!! & panic and go into panic mode but I do not want the wedding to get in the way of anything else on the cruise so what did you guys end up doing??

That is what I am afraid of that the embarkation day won't be for us because I tend to over think everything !!! & panic and go into panic mode but I do not want the wedding to get in the way of anything else on the cruise so what did you guys end up doing??

I'm very much similar and with such a tight timeline and the craziness of embarkation day, I would have lost it. Our guests (the important ones like Mom, Dad, siblings, etc) were already booked to sail with us, so we switched to an "at-sea" wedding. We got legally married two weeks before we left and booked a vow renewal package so we could have a ceremony at-sea on one of our four sea days. It had all the perks of the embarkation wedding (ceremony, coordinator, photographer, receptions, etc) and we didn't mess up anyone's port plans. Here's our Review.

I'm very much similar and with such a tight timeline and the craziness of embarkation day, I would have lost it. Our guests (the important ones like Mom, Dad, siblings, etc) were already booked to sail with us, so we switched to an "at-sea" wedding. We got legally married two weeks before we left and booked a vow renewal package so we could have a ceremony at-sea on one of our four sea days. It had all the perks of the embarkation wedding (ceremony, coordinator, photographer, receptions, etc) and we didn't mess up anyone's port plans. Here's our Review.

I did go to your review, very nice and I love the cake set up idea. I did not see any pictures of the brides :-( but I wanted to know did you get to walk down the aile the same as a regular wedding day? I am thinking of maybe doing the on-sea wedding but I just do not want to miss out on the whole entrance part and pictures of the entrance and his FACE expression all those little moments.

Just curious.....was that decision based on the legality of the Carnival/out of the country wedding??

I did not see any pictures of the brides :-( but I wanted to know did you get to walk down the aile the same as a regular wedding day? I am thinking of maybe doing the on-sea wedding but I just do not want to miss out on the whole entrance part and pictures of the entrance and his FACE expression all those little moments.

I thought I had embedded a link in the review. Here's pictures from the day (guest and professional).

We walked the aisle like we would've the first time--it was no different to us. Our "legal ceremony" consisted of a ceremony that met MD's legal requirements at 12:01 on New Years Day 2013. We didn't do anything special and we recognize the 15th of January as our anniversary.

Just curious.....was that decision based on the legality of the Carnival/out of the country wedding??

Carnival had no problem taking our money whether or not our embarkation wedding ceremony would have been legal. That used to not be the case. We are a same-sex couple so we can't get legally married in any of their foreign ports and some of their Us based coordinators, like Port Canaveral, won't work with same-sex couples. By getting married at-sea we strictly dealt with Carnival employees and cut out the middleman.

The two weeks before thing was to ensure we had a certified copy of our license in hand when we boarded.