Can I get a drink for you?? - on a drink package

In the past on vacations we've rotated the "drink runners." The "I'm getting a drink - anyone else want one??" kind of thing.

On our upcoming Allure vacation we've all purchased a drink package.

Is it going to be possible to get a drink for anyone else? Can I bring their seapass card along with mine and order a drink for both them and me?

Obviously not a huge deal in the least, but I gotta admit it's kinda nice when my husband runs to get us both a margarita.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the past on vacations we've rotated the "drink runners." The "I'm getting a drink - anyone else want one??" kind of thing.

Is it going to be possible to get a drink for anyone else? Can I bring their seapass card along with mine and order a drink for both them and me?

Obviously not a huge deal in the least, but I gotta admit it's kinda nice when my husband runs to get us both a margarita.

No problem with just taking both cards and getting the drinks. We did it multiple times last week.

I can not speak for RCL but on celebrity that was the case. I could get others drinks if I had the cards. Hope it is also like that on RCL

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know you can get two drinks if you present two Seapass cards.

So while we are on the subject, and I'm to lazy to research this site; we are taking our daughter and her fiancee next Feb on a cruise either Liberty or Independence and for us we don't drink that much, but for them, who knows. So where do you sign up and what are the best packages to purchase? In all of our previous cruises and the latest being in Feb 2014 I don't remember seeing a package, other than wine.

Thank You, Ron M

So while we are on the subject, and I'm to lazy to research this site; we are taking our daughter and her fiancee next Feb on a cruise either Liberty or Independence and for us we don't drink that much, but for them, who knows. So where do you sign up and what are the best packages to purchase? In all of our previous cruises and the latest being in Feb 2014 I don't remember seeing a package, other than wine.

Thank You, Ron M

You can purchase (and pay) ahead of time using the Pre-cruise Planner section of Royal's website. You can also purchase on board. There will be obvious displays for the drink packages right when you get on the ship.

Here's a description:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

Edited by clarea

I can concur – you can get multiple drinks as long as you have the right number of seapass cards - displaying the drink package on them. :)

We pre-purchased the drink package before we left, makes it nice not to have that large bill at the end of the cruise. :p Using the Royal web site under our reservation number.

Enjoy ;)

Yes we did this but one time my husband got to trivia before me and didn't want a drink so he ordered a beer(for me) and a bottle of water and only gave her his card. She made a big issue about no sharing and said he had to have the beer even when I showed her my sticker. She made a fuss about absolutely no sharing, blah, blah, blah. I get it but we both had the package

So just be careful who's card the drinks get run through on.

JillianinMN

Where abouts in Minnesota. I live in San Antonio now but was born and raised in Mankato and my Dad was from Ely originally. I can't say I miss the snow and cold up there (especially this year), but I sure miss Autumn and the color.

I remember reading somewhere ( in my obsessive planning!) that the drink packages are cheaper once in international waters, maybe something about a tax or something? Anyone ever heard/experienced this?

I remember reading somewhere ( in my obsessive planning!) that the drink packages are cheaper once in international waters, maybe something about a tax or something? Anyone ever heard/experienced this?

Same price everywhere, at least for cruises originating in the US. There may be some issues in Texas, but I am not familiar with the answer there.

Yes we did this but one time my husband got to trivia before me and didn't want a drink so he ordered a beer(for me) and a bottle of water and only gave her his card. She made a big issue about no sharing and said he had to have the beer even when I showed her my sticker. She made a fuss about absolutely no sharing, blah, blah, blah. I get it but we both had the package

She was just doing her job.

I thought both adults in a room had to purchase the drink package.

In my experience sailing from FL on other cruise lines, my buckets of beer have always had FL sales tax charged while in port until the ship reaches International waters. Is there a difference with RCCL or with the drink packages? I'm sailing on Allure on Sunday and would love to be able to purchase the package immediately without the sales tax!