What do your kids do at nighttime?

MaiTaiMary

We're taking our first cruise with our kids. They will be 7, 8, and 10 years old. For those of you with kids close to those ages, what did they like to do after dinner?

My hubby and I like to watch the shows or have a few drinks. I don't know what there is for kids to do after dinner except for Camp Carnival. It is still open then, right?

We have a 10 and an 8 year old. One loves Camp Carnival, the other won't step foot in there. We tend to walk around and explore the ship, go back to the cabin to watch a movie, find ice cream, play mini golf, go to the family friendly comedy shows, etc. Plenty to do. In regards to your later question, I don't believe they offer 'big screen' movies outside...we are bummed about that as I hear they have great movies running right now! :(

When do you sail? We are also going to be on the Miracle this spring! :D

Our kids, who were 7 & 10 at the time, ended up being with us at night on the Breeze. We went to the shows (which they thoroughly enjoyed), the family friendly comedy show, deck parties, and a couple of the family friendly dive-in movies. We had thought they would do the kids club at night, but we found we really enjoyed spending family time together at night. At home we keep pretty strict/early bedtime, so it was special to have "vacation" bedtimes and late night family activities- it sort of added to the speciallness of the cruose, if that makes sense. We had plenty of couple time during the day because the kids loved Camp Carnival. They requested, however, to do the night owl slumber party next time :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...

My daughter is super social and will do Camp Carnival again this year on the Breeze! She LOVES the "I am staying up till 1 a.m.!" factor at 7 (almost 8)!

I am traveling with a semi-party crowd of couples this time so I decided to treat our teenage neighbor boy (who's father is my best friend and who needs a break from home and is very close to not only my daughter but the other couples) to the cruise to help me with my daughter at night. He will take part in the teen program as well, but he understands that there will be times he will need to hang out with her. They are like brother and sister at home. He was excited to get to go and see things his Dad hasn't done for him yet! Gonna load up their onboard allowances and make sure we all have plenty of activity time together during the day as well as letting him kind of guide excursions with what he wants to do! DD and I have done most of the excursions in the past! They have been scheming for months! LOL! He helps me out a lot at home and was her sitter the past few summers so we figure this is an additional reward and a win/win for both of us! Extra eyes for me!

Camp Carnival is a LOT of fun if you present it the right way. I am a VERY hands on Mom (laughed at for being a helicopter parent) and I think my DD feels a certain amount of freedom with this setup! We all feel it when we get on the ship for vacation and Camp gives her a way to get freedom with my knowing she is safe.

He helps me out a lot at home and was her sitter the past few summers so we figure this is an additional reward and a win/win for both of us!

What a lovely young man you have for a neighbour! I hope he has a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

WE jsut got back from the Glory last week with our 10 and 12 yer old boys. Get yourself a magnetic white board and stick it to the wall beside your door, with a whiteboard marker. Then everyone can leave notes about what they are doing.

My youngestloved being able to head to camp carnival till 10PM (plus the one party we let him go to). He'd join us for shows some nights, or watch the dive-in movie, or even curl up on his bed and chill out watching cartoons.

My 12 year old loved hanging out and participating with Circle C in their late-night activities. They went to shows, played midnight Dodgeball, movie night, and karaoke. He also enjoyed the freedom of pizza and frozen yogurt whenever he wanted it, especially before bed!