Cheers Program? Carnival Cash Bar Program?

Before my question I would like to point out that I AM legal drinking age and am not asking for your opinion into my morals or character. That being said my question is this...

Can you use cruise cash or any other program where how many drinks you buy comes on a separate statement from your sign and sail account. My husband thinks that I "partake" too much and I really don't want to be arguing with him about this and neither of us enjoy our cruise. He is very OCD and I am sure that he will be examining the account daily and would rather he not be keeping a tally on me. :D

The drinks you get under the cheers program do show up on your sail and sign account. You're only allowed 15 drinks in a 24 hour period. 15 spread out throughout the day really isnt going to get you drunk if thats what you're worried about with your hubby:) its vacation tell him to relax a little! Lol:p

Not sure about this because,I have not tried it personally, but I have heard of parents getting a separate pre-paid account for kids so they know they aren't over spending. This might be a possibility for you.

Hopefully others can confirm this or you can call Carnival Customer Service and ask about the possibility.

🚢 Cruise On 🚢

Edited by FFMedic22

Denial, denial, denial......

Snarky comments like yours are the reason I dislike most message boards. When you make judge mental comments to make yourself feel better it's just sad.

Thank you for the other actual on topic comments. I appreciate the response.

Edited by gracefullyblonde

Snarky comments like yours are the reason I dislike most message boards. When you make judge mental comments to make yourself feel better it's just sad.

Thank you for the other actual on topic comments. I appreciate the response.

You are correct of course, put whatever spin you want on this to make yourself feel better.....

Unfortunately all bar purchases will show up on your S&S account and both folio numbers will be listed. The only way I can think of to have drinks without it appearing as individual purchases is to purchase (which will show up) a wine package. The initial purchase will show up, but you will be given coupons to redeem each time you want a bottle.

Before my question I would like to point out that I AM legal drinking age and am not asking for your opinion into my morals or character. That being said my question is this...

Can you use cruise cash or any other program where how many drinks you buy comes on a separate statement from your sign and sail account. My husband thinks that I "partake" too much and I really don't want to be arguing with him about this and neither of us enjoy our cruise. He is very OCD and I am sure that he will be examining the account daily and would rather he not be keeping a tally on me. :D

If you really want to hide your drinking from your husband you could have two totally separate on board accounts going to two separate credit cards.

Unfortunately all bar purchases will show up on your S&S account and both folio numbers will be listed. The only way I can think of to have drinks without it appearing as individual purchases is to purchase (which will show up) a wine package. The initial purchase will show up, but you will be given coupons to redeem each time you want a bottle.

Thanks Okgirl! That might help.

If you really want to hide your drinking from your husband you could have two totally separate on board accounts going to two separate credit cards.

Thanks. Not trying to "hide" drinking as I will be drinking in front of him, but I just don't want to have an argument over the number of drinks he sees on the statement. He drinks on a cruise too, just maybe one or two drinks per day. I just want to enjoy myself and not have to worry about him scrutinizing my bar bill.

I totally get it! I have a DH (of 40 yrs) and even 2 glasses of wine and I will hear about it for days.... Never mind a cruise and I have many more than that over several days :(

You get plain tired of hearing about it!

So you planning ahead to avoid stress is a great idea....

I hope the separate S & S accounts works for you. You would think you could buy Drink Coupons???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I totally get it! I have a DH (of 40 yrs) and even 2 glasses of wine and I will hear about it for days.... Never mind a cruise and I have many more than that over several days :(

You get plain tired of hearing about it!

So you planning ahead to avoid stress is a great idea....

I hope the separate S & S accounts works for you. You would think you could buy Drink Coupons???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Exactly just don't want to hear about it for the duration of our vacation.

I was told however they have done away with the drink coupons. 😞

Exactly just don't want to hear about it for the duration of our vacation.

I was told however they have done away with the drink coupons.

They have done away with drink coupons except for the wine package. You might consider purchasing cruise cash though which is essentially just an OBC. At least then the drinks would already be paid for so if his concern is running up a high S&S balance that issue would be moot.

Denial, denial, denial......

I am VERY hesitant to make a comment on here because unlike this POSTER I am NOT judging the original poster at all!! BUT that being said.....

How much you drink at home or on a vacation is of NO concern of mine or anyone else. I am much more upset that you feel you have to hide it from your husband , although I do not live in your home so I have no right to even say that much.

That being said I think the only way around this is that you have separate accounts set up (as if you were cruising with a friend) then neither one of you will have a clue what is spent! Of course that may or may not start a whole other argument about why you have to have separate accounts LOL!!

Either way I hope you have a GREAT cruise. Like you I think these boards should be used to assist other cruise enthusiast with questions they may have or to share great experiences and suggestions not to pass judgment on our fellow cruisers!

BTW I enjoy cocktails on vacation and my husband does not drink a drop on vacation or at home but we both respect each other's choices. I know this can be a very sore subject between couples , especially if one of them does drink or gamble or shop ......anything in excess! But that is between that couple NO ONE else and LEAST of all anyone on these boards!!!

Live and let Cruise LOL!!!

I am VERY hesitant to make a comment on here because unlike this POSTER I am NOT judging the original poster at all!! BUT that being said.....

How much you drink at home or on a vacation is of NO concern of mine or anyone else. I am much more upset that you feel you have to hide it from your husband , although I do not live in your home so I have no right to even say that much.

That being said I think the only way around this is that you have separate accounts set up (as if you were cruising with a friend) then neither one of you will have a clue what is spent! Of course that may or may not start a whole other argument about why you have to have separate accounts LOL!!

Either way I hope you have a GREAT cruise. Like you I think these boards should be used to assist other cruise enthusiast with questions they may have or to share great experiences and suggestions not to pass judgment on our fellow cruisers!

BTW I enjoy cocktails on vacation and my husband does not drink a drop on vacation or at home but we both respect each other's choices. I know this can be a very sore subject between couples , especially if one of them does drink or gamble or shop ......anything in excess! But that is between that couple NO ONE else and LEAST of all anyone on these boards!!!

Live and let Cruise LOL!!!

Thank you for your well thought out comment I DO NOT think your comment was at all "judging" and appreciate your perspective. I wish also that I didn't have this issue to deal with, but unfortunately it can turn into an issue with DH and I would rather just not put myself in a position for an argument to begin. I personally don't think that I drink too much on a cruise, (not once have I gotten to the point of needing assistance to get back to room, become sick and thrown up, or even made a fool of myself or my DH), it's more of a this is what I do so you should too situation with him. We don't "fight" about it and it's not a "problem" it's seems to be more of a "what he doesn't know won't hurt him" situation. Why cause an issue if it can be avoided.

RUM RUNNERS, sneak some on. If you like say my favorite, Captain Morgan Parrot Bay 100 proof coconut Rum.:D I bring on a large rum runner, and a small one to carry in my beachbag. Then you could order a coke and mix your own pool side. DH likes Burbon and 7, so I bring his too, LOL only order a 7up. Anyways, you get my drift ;) Have a great Cruise. And I totally get u. Just have fun, avoid all the bs you can. :)

RUM RUNNERS, sneak some on. If you like say my favorite, Captain Morgan Parrot Bay 100 proof coconut Rum.:D I bring on a large rum runner, and a small one to carry in my beachbag. Then you could order a coke and mix your own pool side. DH likes Burbon and 7, so I bring his too, LOL only order a 7up. Anyways, you get my drift ;) Have a great Cruise. And I totally get u. Just have fun, avoid all the bs you can. :)

Oh My! LoL I could only hear my DH if I got caught trying that I would NEVER hear the end of it, but I like your style.

Thank you for your well thought out comment I DO NOT think your comment was at all "judging" and appreciate your perspective. I wish also that I didn't have this issue to deal with, but unfortunately it can turn into an issue with DH and I would rather just not put myself in a position for an argument to begin. I personally don't think that I drink too much on a cruise, (not once have I gotten to the point of needing assistance to get back to room, become sick and thrown up, or even made a fool of myself or my DH), it's more of a this is what I do so you should too situation with him. We don't "fight" about it and it's not a "problem" it's seems to be more of a "what he doesn't know won't hurt him" situation. Why cause an issue if it can be avoided.

I am glad you didn't take my post the wrong way!! I completely understand wanting to avoid ANY kind of argument while you are on a Vacation, especially if your DH has a strong personality and opinions.

Again just get two separate accounts, you can set that up when you set up your sail and sign account on line! Whalla.... problem solved! Have fun!

Settle the discussion before you leave. Just be honest with him, tell him you are going to be drinking, on vacation, having fun! You want him to have fun too! Let him know in advance how you feel about being questioned and prefer not to be. He loves you and should respect that!

Oh My! LoL I could only hear my DH if I got caught trying that I would NEVER hear the end of it, but I like your style.

Ha, believe me have gone on many cruises and sneaked on lots of booze in the past (usually when we have lots of friends and families going with us) I got to be pretty dang good at it!!! I am being brave putting that out there, normally it is just begging for "FLAMMERS" to attach on these boards! LOL But this next cruise I don't want to have to worry about going to the "naughty" room or having to mix my drinks prior to leaving the room bla bla bla.......this time I am doing the cheers program and having the time of my life!!!! I don't know if I will drink 15 drinks in a 24 hour period but I am going to have fun trying! LOL!!!!! Hello VACATION!!!!!

Some cruises I have not ordered 1 alcoholic beverage, and some cruises I have gotten good and smashed ( my 50th birthday cruise on the Cozumel Bar Hop) LOL. I don't intend on "getting smashed" but If I want to try several different kinds of martinis this time then I Can ! The Cheers program is excellent just for that reason alone! I spoil my kids (all grown ups now), husband , family and friends all the time, this cruise I am going to spoil "ME" for a change!

If you have the cheers program, each drink shows up as a $0.00 charge. However, soda's show up that way too when using Cheers. So....lie and say they're sodas!

If you have the cheers program, each drink shows up as a $0.00 charge. However, soda's show up that way too when using Cheers. So....lie and say they're sodas!

I thought the itemized statement still showed what you ordered even if it says $0.00 charge. Correct me if I'm wrong as I have never used the Cheers program before.

🚢 Cruise On Have Fun🚢

Edited by FFMedic22

I totally get this.... when I was married I was "allowed" maybe one or two drinks...the ENTIRE CRUISE. It caused disagreements until I submitted.... hence we are no longer married. I.dont wish that on you of course... Short of paying cash at guest services for.the Cheers program in a seperate sign (he'll most likely still see the charges) and sail Im not sure you are going to pull this one off...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app