GTY? Final payment?

Background:

I’ve booked a oceanview stateroom GTY on the Celebrity Constellation departing from Amsterdam on June 26 2014 to the fjords in Norway.

I’ve booked this cruise with a big online American TA (for the 4th time in 4 years and every time a Celebrity cruise :)) on April 9 2014. I was asked to pay in full because of the sailing date being so close to the booking.

Questions:

1) when is final payment? I’ve learned on this great forum that when there’s a price-drop before final payment one can ask for a price-adjustment.

The price has dropped with 190 dollars in total, so I’m not sure whether this is sufficient to ask an adjustment but perhaps the price will drop again and if that happens I want to be prepared.

2) On my Celebrity account I was assigned a stateroom number immediately (the first available in cat 8).

Can one ask to be put back in a GTY so there’s a possibility of getting a better stateroom (or even an upgrade :D)?

Last year on our Mediterranean cruise on the Equinox we’ve booked a specific balcony stateroom but then the price for a suite dropped significantly and we were able to upgrade to a suite GTY for only 80 dollars. Again when I’ve checked my Celebrity account we were immediately assigned a stateroom number and it was also the first available sky suite. It was great, so no complains. But now I’m wondering: is it true that when Celebrity gives you a stateroom number immediately, then there’s no chance of getting a better room because it’s no longer defined as GTY on one’s account?

Final payment is 75 days before sailing - the booking type doesn't matter. You are well past final payment so you won't benefit from any price drops within your booked category, but, you can upgrade to a higher category if the fare is higher. If you stick with you current category, you can ask your TA to move you if there's a more desirable cabin available within that category.