Splendor Review 4/10-4/18 (with pics)!

disneyfan68

I just booked this cruise today for July! Can't wait!! Thanks for your review! Quick question: Are Grand Turk and HMC basically "private" islands -- just beach and water activities?

Congratulations!

I don't believe Grand Turk is a private island although we were the only ship in port. Margaritaville is right as you get off the ship, but I do think there are other resorts on the island.

Others can weigh in :rolleyes:

Who is the current CD and how long will he/she be on board? Any info on the special entertainers not to be missed?

MARAPRINCE

Malcolm "Woo Hoo" Burn (or Burns) - no sure

I am not sure how long he will be on board but had been on the Miracle prior to the Splendor. He is from the Bronx so local to the port.

The entertainment was OK. Nothing was spectacular. The Punchliner Comedy Club changes comedians throughout the week (some start and get off while others get on board at ports). We did 2 family shows and 1 adult show. Again ok.

The production shows were ok as well. The last show was cancelled as the seas were too rough and it was dangerous to the performers.

Malcolm "Woo Hoo" Burn (or Burns) - no sure

I am not sure how long he will be on board but had been on the Miracle prior to the Splendor. He is from the Bronx so local to the port.

The entertainment was OK. Nothing was spectacular. The Punchliner Comedy Club changes comedians throughout the week (some start and get off while others get on board at ports). We did 2 family shows and 1 adult show. Again ok.

The production shows were ok as well. The last show was cancelled as the seas were too rough and it was dangerous to the performers.

We had Malcom last December and from write ups really thought he was British and would be very boring. Quite the opposite. Being from NY and originally from the Bronx we readily identified with the advice he gave to passengers about not falling for some of the more apparent cons about paying to go the center of town in San Juan when you are "in" the town once you get off the ship! Also, about pickpockets and not flashing all your expensive jewerly around in the ports.

Maraprince

Thank you for the great review and pictures. We also were torn between booking the Conquest and Splendor as they are doing the exact same itinerary, including times in port. Chose Splendor as we have never been on her, and were just on Conquest in Feb. Your pictures make me glad we did!

Better look at itineraries again because Conquest is moving to FLL and some itineraries may be changing as well.