RCCL Signature card

I received some junk mail about upgrading my RCCL platinum to a signature card. Perks include companion air. Anybody know what the difference is.

PS. I already know there are better deals out there - so those compelled to present such offers can save themselves unnecessary effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Here is another thread on the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2027534

I don't know if anyone has actually used them yet, or tried to get the free companion airfare - but there is more info in the thread.

Thanks. Seems like everyone had the same reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can tell you our experience. We have a RCCL Visa and instead of converting it, I just applied for the new Signature one in hopes of getting that free companion airfare benefit.

So now I have two RCCL Visa's. On our last cruise, I was able to pull points off both of them to get shipboard credit. As far as the difference, the new Signature one is supposed to let you use the points on Celebrity or Azamara.

The free companion airfare was a joke. We received a letter with a code to claim our airfare. So when I was ready to purchase, I already knew the flight I wanted and the cost ($350 per person). However, when I went to the companion airfare website, the exact same flight was $550 per person, plus you had to pay the fees/taxes of the free companion air ticket...plus I needed a third ticket for our son. So they charge higher costs than the airline does so it's not really free. Boo on them!

So we never got to use our free companion air.

I got the same flyer this week asking me to upgrade our old Visa to the signature.