AOS best/worst balconies & MDR food

Hi all,

I am helping coordinate a group reservation of a March 29th Caribbean 7-night aboard AOS and I have two questions that I'm sure cruise newcomers will ask me:

1. Cabins. Beside fully obstructed balconies, which would be definite no-no balcony rooms onboard AOS (too much noise, smaller than usual, etc.)? Which would be the best balconies? Specific room numbers would be great. Also from what I read, aside from flat screen TVs there were no improvements to cabins in the latest AOS dry dock. Am I right?

2. MDR food. I tend to read posts in cruisecritics (just for fun/envy :D) and I notice a decline in the perceived quality/luxury of MDR food, both in general and also in RCCL. Last I cruised was 2009 onboard Celebrity Equinox (which has amazing MDR food in my opinion) and the last RCCL cruise I did was 2008 (GOS) and I thought the MDR food was pretty good. Also I cruised RCCL three or four times before (as a child) and I have very fond memories of great food, impressive buffets, lobster, etc. What are your thoughts of current MDR food onboard RCCL?

Thanks.

I am assuming Adventure due to the reference to the recent dry dock and only minimal changes being made.

I am due to set sail on Adventure next week, so if that is the case I could maybe help out with some questions.

In regards to food, I went on my first RC cruise about 12 years ago, then I went after leaving home about 9 years ago and my most recent was last year. Each time I felt that the food was fantastic. I do not get the chance to eat out very much, so we loved dressing up, enjoying the great service (we requested the same servers each night even though we were MTD) and lovely food. The only time I noticed lobster on the menu (other than the additional charge meal) was in a lobster bisque, but I did not order it.

Hope that helps and will try to report back if you were indeed asking about the Adventure of the Seas

x

I would choose balconies on decks 7, 8, or 9. You want to stay away from deck 10 due to noise from the pool deck above, and away from deck 6 because the balcony walls are all steel, as opposed to half steel, half glass on the other decks.

We had 6 balconies on the 7th deck starting at cabin 7348 and the 5 other balconies heading toward the bow of the ship. We were on the starboard side, and had awesome views of the ports.

We were far enough down the hall to be noise free, but close enough to get up and down the ship for just about everything.

Not a bad thing to say about this ship, it was an outstanding cruise. Main Dining room (Vivaldi) was excellent, and the food great. On the last night our table ordered 10 of each desert as a joke, and they brought them out and served them.