Grand Cayman Scuba / Snorkel options - in 3 weeks

cawhite

Has anyone used ABanks in Grand Cayman? It apparently is close to the tender pier. They offer beginner scuba lesson followed by a one hour swim in the marine park. It is an offshore dive site.:confused:
Hobby, I suggest that you start a new thread for your question. It will be seen by more people that way. In addition to Abanks, there is also http://www.edenrockdive.com/ at just about the same location. I have used neither, so I can't really offer an opinion. I believe that neither one will rent gear and/or tanks/weights to solo divers, so you will either need to bring a buddy or hook up with someone at the dive shop, which shouldn't be hard to go if you are an outgoing kind of person.

You might also post your question on the Cayman Island section over on the Ports of Call area.

Thank you Bruce-R.

The excursion I was looking at is through Island Marketing in Grand Cayman. According to the write-up it does include equipment - and I do believe rentals are available.

My question is more directed to "is this a reliable supplier"? Their web-page sounds good but there is no guarantees better than someone who's been there.:)

We were in Grand Cayman last week and used NATIVEWAY TOURS. They were great ! We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Pt. Beach tour $55 for 5 hrs. There were only 10 of us and had alot of interaction with the stingrays. Snorkeling was fantastic - guides stayed with us and pointed things out...even brought things out that luckily went back into hiding! I highly recommend them ! b

• 6 years later...

Hey everyone!! We just got back from Grand cayman and wanted to share a new company that we found called JJ Divers..we found them through discount excursions and we did a discover or beginners scuba dive so you dont have to be certified or anything. my wife and myself are not certified and it only cost $75 all the scuba gear included and we went to a great site not just on port like eden rock and it was fully guided !!! I think they have a web site at jjdivers.com ... it waqs amazing !!! we saw sting rays and turtles and so many different fish that our guild/instructor taught us about !! after the dive he brought us to a wonderful beach and hooked us up with a free drink !!!! by far the best time in grand cayman we have ever had !

My wife even left a review on trip advisor... ill copy and paste it cause after our trip i need more time on my couch lol

I couldn't have asked for a better experience for knocking scuba diving off my bucket list! It's been a dream of mine for many years and something I was saving for the perfect place (and great company, of course). I am frightened by large bodies of water and its' occupants, so needless to say, I was very nervous about "heading out to sea" without a boat, life jacket...... and being able to breathe normally (lol). However, Jacob took my hesitations to heart and took his time in the pool with us, coaching and reassuring us every step of the way. Without his help, I would have never been truly ready to go and explore the underwater treasures Grand Cayman has in store (and he surely knows his way around!) The dive was totally customized to our lack of experience but desire to see really cool things. I actually felt so comfortable and so relaxed under the surface that I wanted to go right back down once the dive was over. JJ practically takes you in as family, and the stories alone are worth the acquaintance. This dive was definitely the highlight of my trip (beating out jet-skiing, para-sailing, snorkeling, swimming with the dolphins ). I hope to go back and dive with JJ sometime soon and will be telling everyone about them

Archived