Aft Balcony on the Epic

kaylasnana

Go for a corner aft balcony! The balconies on the corner afts on decks 7 through 11 are a little wider than the other afts. I would stay away from deck 7 as it is above Cagneys. The others have cabins above and below.

The corners also are next to the "secret stairs". You sort of have what feels like your own private covered porch with views to the port or starboard depending on which corner aft you have.

Go for a corner aft balcony! The balconies on the corner afts on decks 7 through 11 are a little wider than the other afts. I would stay away from deck 7 as it is above Cagneys. The others have cabins above and below.

The corners also are next to the "secret stairs". You sort of have what feels like your own private covered porch with views to the port or starboard depending on which corner aft you have.

Yes, this!!! We had 13293 and while we loved it, the corner would have definitely been better.

Just make sure your aft balcony cabin is a few decks below the Spice H2O - we had an aft balcony cabin on deck 13 on the Epic, and that is two decks below the Spice H2O. We could still hear the music from there quite loud and clear in our cabin during the day/evening......

Just make sure your aft balcony cabin is a few decks below the Spice H2O - we had an aft balcony cabin on deck 13 on the Epic, and that is two decks below the Spice H2O. We could still hear the music from there quite loud and clear in our cabin during the day/evening......

We were on deck 11. No noise from anywhere.

Glad to hear that 11 was quiet. I have corner aft and was a little worried after hearing a few reviews. This will be our third aft and we really enjoy the view and noise from the wake but prefer not to hear the music from above.

This is Epic aft (stern) balcony 10318. There is room for two loungers but we only needed one.

6fbb28ff-31b3-47d9-97c8-aae316c4fc21_zps20fdea63.jpg

We set the two chairs and little table up like this

fb01e99f-cd90-4df1-affd-5e94dbe86949_zps9e7a638f.jpg

Room to spare for the lounger front to back on the balcony

9e0e17c8-081c-4232-961c-6cb9331ccf9b_zps96ffde26.jpg

Door to 10318 and door to the "secret stairs" ... this area was handy when I wanted a port side view.

db31a2d9-b468-4135-becf-f2f72b6fecd0_zps7c7ac602.jpg

Secret stairway and 1/2 of one of the three cutout windows in the area.

9c7090e4-17c1-473e-bf22-d7da073c6baf_zpsb145f8fb.jpg

kj

Booked cabin 11314 on EPIC for New Year's....Sounds like I picked a good one (quiet)...anyone have photos of this room?

Couple room photos of 10318 - one deck below 11314 and same layout with bed by balcony. The first photo below shows the balcony before we had the lounger brought in and rearranged the two chairs and table.

0a2caff6-8d94-4b62-b3a4-11de99af4211_zpsa29ab430.jpg

c62e8cd0-c29f-4af4-ae37-a5bb8a6ffcc7_zps283c8c8b.jpg

We loved our stern stateroom and missed having it on our second Epic cruise although we were lucky enough to have a large B6 balcony with same bed layout. Just be prepared to have some vibration, especially when coming into port. I wake up early so not a problem for me.

Booked cabin 11314 on EPIC for New Year's....Sounds like I picked a good one (quiet)...anyone have photos of this room?

Best cabin - stayed here twice in a row. Had it booked for a 3rd time, but we switched to a 2-bedroom suite for the extra bathroom.