Take carry on wine to dining early

joshd33

Ask you room steward to put ice in a bucket for you and chill it yourself. Unless you feel you will drink the whole bottle the first night, stop by a bar, pick up some wine glasses, and take a glass with you to the dining room. This way you won't incur a corkage fee in the dining room. don't forget your corkscrew!:)

Pat

We just chilled ours in our mini fridge in the room, it fit in, then carried it to the dining room, we were never charged corkage fee for any of the 4 bottles that were opened at our table for the week, have fun

We just chilled ours in our mini fridge in the room, it fit in, then carried it to the dining room, we were never charged corkage fee for any of the 4 bottles that were opened at our table for the week, have fun

All depends on the waiter you get. Sometimes we have been charged, sometimes not. the luck of the draw!!

Pat

Ask you room steward to put ice in a bucket for you and chill it yourself. Unless you feel you will drink the whole bottle the first night, stop by a bar, pick up some wine glasses, and take a glass with you to the dining room. This way you won't incur a corkage fee in the dining room. don't forget your corkscrew!:)

Pat

When we ask our room steward to ice down our wine, we also ask them to keep 2 clean wine glasses in our room.

I like to pour myself a glass and take it to dinner with me. I leave that glass in the dining room and it is replaced in my room by our steward.

Question-

Can we take our carry on wine to the dining room during the afternoon of embarkation day so that it can be chilled prior to dinner?

hi----WHY DONT YOU JUST ASK YOUR ROOM STEWARD-----FOR A WINE BUCKET WITH ICE----AND CHILL THE WINE THAT WAY----THIS IS WHAT WE DO----IRENE AND JOHN--60 CRUISES WITH CARNIVAL--

This is our first experience with bringing wine onboard. If you open the wine in your room and take the remainder of the wine along with glasses to the dining room, is it up to the waiter if a corkage fee will be charged? Also, would you take a bottle to the steakhouse as well? Im assuming they would most likely charge a fee. We are sailing on Valor. Thank you.

This is our first experience with bringing wine onboard. If you open the wine in your room and take the remainder of the wine along with glasses to the dining room, is it up to the waiter if a corkage fee will be charged? Also, would you take a bottle to the steakhouse as well? Im assuming they would most likely charge a fee. We are sailing on Valor. Thank you.

Technically, if you bring the bottle they are to charge the fee. Better to just take a full wine glass (or two) to dinner with you, then there is no fee.

Edited by gtalum

As an option keep a couple of the Funship special cups you get first day. I found that two of them will hold one 750ml bottle of wine (375ml each) so we simply filled them up and brought them to dinner.

Even better if you drink wine slower than your partner as I do ,this way my wife doesn't get most of the bottle:D

Pat

This is what I do too. It works perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an option keep a couple of the Funship special cups you get first day. I found that two of them will hold one 750ml bottle of wine (375ml each) so we simply filled them up and brought them to dinner.

Even better if you drink wine slower than your partner as I do ,this way my wife doesn't get most of the bottle:D

You actually do this just to save a corkage fee at dinner lol