Pet lovers, be honest.

brigittetom

TidePride.

Try boarding a doxie and a Great Dane! The price like triples for my baby girl!! Everything is so much more for her! I could take another cruise on the boarding bill! And it doesn't help that I am now addicted to b2b's and b2b2b OR my

latest, b2b2b2b2b!!! Where are ya'll in Ga? I'm in Valdosta.

BT

I know you would be a terrific person to own a Pet Spa, but remember how confining it could be! No one would ever do things as well as you so you'd NEVER get a cruise in! Pet sitting does sound like fun, though!

Troy,

I have the same problem with the Dane! She is knocked out for a day or two and she always comes home muscled up from all the running and playing!

Great thread, BT! Thanks for starting it!

Tuggers, That's easy. You just don't book pets for the two weeks of the cruise. :)

I agree. I would love to have the pets on a webcam. I've been know to call home and call the pet's into the answering machine hoping the pets would find that comforting. They probably just find it annoying. :D

When facing the reality that I would have to board my newly acquired cocker spaniel mix, who has a tendency to bite anyone he doesn't know, I came up with this idea for a cruise line. The pet cruise....Ok don't laugh...Think of it as the Big Red Boat for those who have pets instead of kids. My idea is to have a cruise that pampers you and your pet. Gourmet pet snacks along with your gourmet people snacks. Then at ports of call or for dinner they offer pet sitters on the ship or specialty excursions that you can bring your pet with you. I also pictured little pool lounge chairs that alternate between people size and pet size. I can just picture my dog on a lounge chair by the pool next to me. Also, it would save the hassle of trying to find a pet sitter. So yeah....that's my crazy idea.......:o

But BT, you'd have people like me begging and groveling you not to go! There is no slow time in the pet care business!

First of all, you want me to join you for Martinis on your cruise. Our cruise. Second, I don't live near you so you won't be begging. :D Third, when it comes to pets, you've made your point. Yes, I would have a very hard time turning away pets. I have a hard time with my own. I guess I would just have to find a very reliable friend that hasn't discovered cruising or the Martini bar. :D Trust me Tuggers, I will work this out.

ariaarhod, I think a pet cruise is a wonderful idea. Personally I don't mind the tiny odor of litter and I don't really mind being bitten by dogs or cats. Actually I think my calling might be for PET CRUISE. I've got so many scratches on my arms now just from a bored cat. I'm game. :D

• 3 weeks later...

What a neat thread...sorry that I missed it a few weeks ago. I "pet-sit" in my home. It began by chance and not choice. I raise, own and show champion Labrador Retreivers. The offspring's owners needed a place for their beloved pets to stay. It began with one or two, then five or six, now I have a group of regular families. I do not advertise, and I am very selective of who comes here. I do accept other breeds but the "business" grew all from word of mouth. It is a huge responsibility to care for someone's pet and I do not take it lightly. The dogs are all screened to be sure they can get along well with other dogs. It's like going to doggie daycare, but they get to have a sleepover too. They are with me, in my home and never left alone at night. Most are very well behaved and you would never know I have a dog in the house, unless the doorbell rings. Having said all that....YES!!!! I DO feel guilty when I leave my own!

And Tuggers.....B2B2B.....how many was that??? Go Girl!!

BT....thanks from me 2 for starting this.

Cindy, I'm guessing many will take advantage of this. Personally I would love to move to Boston and take care of my own pets. If you ever need any help, contact me. *(828-693-1593) really, if you need any help in this effort, I would love to help. Brigitte

Archived