Meet & Greet Embarkation Day

texreno

I've got a question for all you seasoned cruisers. Our group has scheduled a Meet & Greet for 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Embarkation Day at the aft pool bar on the Triumph. So far we've got about 115 people committed to attend.

Since it's on Embarkation Day we haven't asked Carnival to do anything and we're just going to pay as we go for drinks. We did this same thing on our September, 2013 sailing and completely overwhelmed the one bar tender working that bar during Embarkation.

Now here's my question. Should I try to contact the Triumph Cruise Director to ask them to expect a larger crowd than normal? Again, all we want from Carnival is enough staff to handle our group so we don't wait so long for drinks. If so how would I contact them?

Edited by texreno

Good chance Muster will interrupt your plans. I have met a few people at the aft pool bar for sail away, but that's it. We always schedule M&G for the first sea day. Embarkation Day is just way too busy and you picked the absolute worst time. A lot of people want to get ready for dinner at 6.

This is the 5th M & M I've attended or organized on Embarkation day and it's always been well attended with never less than 50 while our 2012 Magic M & M was over 100. You've just got to have an active organized group with several functions planned. If it's not an active group then it doesn't matter when you schedule the M & M.

I have been on one Roll Call where we couldn't organize anything because the members didn't participate in the social banter. I don't know if that's because we were sailing out of LA or what. I just couldn't get it going.

We always choose to meet just after the Muster Drill and just before first seating and the evening activities.

We're wearing Mardi Gras beads on embarkation day and have a best beads contest with gag gifts. The first day at sea is our Slot Pull and Cabin Door Decorating contest with more gag gifts. A large portion of us also booked Mr. Sancho's for the day in Cozumel and we're meeting at Fat Tuesdays before boarding.

I have organized one M & M on the first day at sea but it was on a RCL ship where they pitch in. We also had a 2 hour open bar Roll Call party on the 1st day at sea on the Magic but that was after our embarkation day M & M.

You two just need to cruise with us.

Edited by texreno

TexReno--

It was the group on your cruise, especially if it was one of the short cruises.

Our roll calls always seem to have an informal meeting after muster then an official one on the first sea day.

Edited by SadieN

This is the 5th M & M I've attended or organized on Embarkation day and it's always been well attended with never less than 50 while our 2012 Magic M & M was over 100. You've just got to have an active organized group with several functions planned. If it's not an active group then it doesn't matter when you schedule the M & M.

I have been on one Roll Call where we couldn't organize anything because the members didn't participate in the social banter. I don't know if that's because we were sailing out of LA or what. I just couldn't get it going.

We always choose to meet just after the Muster Drill and just before first seating and the evening activities.

We're wearing Mardi Gras beads on embarkation day and have a best beads contest with gag gifts. The first day at sea is our Slot Pull and Cabin Door Decorating contest with more gag gifts. A large portion of us also booked Mr. Sancho's for the day in Cozumel and we're meeting at Fat Tuesdays before boarding.

I have organized one M & M on the first day at sea but it was on a RCL ship where they pitch in. We also had a 2 hour open bar Roll Call party on the 1st day at sea on the Magic but that was after our embarkation day M & M.

You two just need to cruise with us.

If I do a M&M it is during sailaway. Later that that, we are getting ready for dinner. I don't do the Slot Pulls, Cabin Crawls, etc and I don't see how sailing with you would change that. No offense, just don't do them.

115 people are not many when you consider that there are a couple thousand on the ship that may also be utilizing the aft pool bar or any bar for that matter.

I don't think they will schedule any additional bartenders or bar waiters based on a M&G. They already anticipate serving all guests onboard.

I've got a question for all you seasoned cruisers. Our group has scheduled a Meet & Greet for 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Embarkation Day at the aft pool bar on the Triumph. So far we've got about 115 people committed to attend.

Since it's on Embarkation Day we haven't asked Carnival to do anything and we're just going to pay as we go for drinks. We did this same thing on our September, 2013 sailing and completely overwhelmed the one bar tender working that bar during Embarkation.

Now here's my question. Should I try to contact the Triumph Cruise Director to ask them to expect a larger crowd than normal? Again, all we want from Carnival is enough staff to handle our group so we don't wait so long for drinks. If so how would I contact them?

I doubt they will give you an additional bartender. If you want personal bartenders then you would have to have it on a sea day in a lounge. If you want to do that you can contact John Heald on his Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald a few days before you sail. Embark day is not the best day to have it as everyone is trying to get unpacked and exploring the ship.