Any help with One Way Eurostar tickets for 2 seniors on May 15?

lambs2

Sudden change in after-cruise plans. We know we are late booking one way Eurostar fare from London to Paris on May 15 and searching for lowest fare. We will have three pieces of luggage. Any help or suggestions? Found one site with total cost $306. Anyone see any better price or promo codes out there? We both are over 60 and Americans.

Sudden change in after-cruise plans. We know we are late booking one way Eurostar fare from London to Paris on May 15 and searching for lowest fare. We will have three pieces of luggage. Any help or suggestions? Found one site with total cost $306. Anyone see any better price or promo codes out there? We both are over 60 and Americans.

Based on a visit to the Eurostar web site...

If you're willing to take the 5:40 AM train out of London, you can save money. A non-flexible fare for seniors for that early train will cost $132 per person. That fare includes all taxes, but there is an additional $7 fee for booking tickets online using a credit card. No such fee for bookings made using a debit card.

The next higher fare would be $161 for each person for seven train options throughout the AM and PM.

Since you've got a fare that's better than $329 -- and I'm hoping that your price is for a reasonably humane departure time -- I recommend you smile and pay the $306.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Based on a visit to the Eurostar web site...

If you're willing to take the 5:40 AM train out of London, you can save money. A non-flexible fare for seniors for that early train will cost $132 per person. That fare includes all taxes, but there is an additional $7 fee for booking tickets online using a credit card. No such fee for bookings made using a debit card.

The next higher fare would be $161 for each person for seven train options throughout the AM and PM.

Since you've got a fare that's better than $329 -- and I'm hoping that your price is for a reasonably humane departure time -- I recommend you smile and pay the $306.

Thank you for searching for us. Friends in London were driving us, but the sudden illness of one makes that impossible. We had seen the 69 pound price a few weeks ago (before we knew we needed it) and now it is so much higher. Yes that $306 price is a better time of day.

Edited by lambs2

Eurostar.com has options at 7:31 am and at 1:31 pm, among others, at 79.50 pounds/person, which works out a bit less than your $306. I would probably just book the 1:31 train on the official site.

Eurostar.com has options at 7:31 am and at 1:31 pm, among others, at 79.50 pounds/person, which works out a bit less than your $306. I would probably just book the 1:31 train on the official site.

Is it possible that Eurostar quotes different prices for different purchasers depending on country of origin? I went to the Eurostar site before I wrote my first post and I went again just now when I read your post. At some point in the process, I had to choose my country of origin.

The information I'm being given is in dollars only. No GBP option and the 7:31 AM and the 1:31 PM trains are definitely being offered at $161.

In fact, I just copied the pertinent lines from the web site (below).

05:40 09:17 02h 37m Direct $132.00 Lowest price fare

07:31 10:47 02h 16m Direct $161.00

13:31 16:47 02h 16m Direct $161.00

Is it possible that Eurostar quotes different prices for different purchasers depending on country of origin? I went to the Eurostar site before I wrote my first post and I went again just now when I read your post. At some point in the process, I had to choose my country of origin.

The information I'm being given is in dollars only. No GBP option and the 7:31 AM and the 1:31 PM trains are definitely being offered at $161.

In fact, I just copied the pertinent lines from the web site (below).

05:40 09:17 02h 37m Direct $132.00 £73 Lowest price fare

07:31 10:47 02h 16m Direct $161.00 £89

13:31 16:47 02h 16m Direct $161.00 £89

My prices in red, on Eurostar's website from my UK computer just 5 minutes after Pet Nit Noy's post.

All these are cheapest tickets - non-flexible

So yes, mebbe there's different pricings for different origins.

Or just a poor exchange rate

OP - can your UK friends book for you?

But don't delay, these prices are flexible & usually rise as the date draws closer

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

My prices in red, on Eurostar's website from my UK computer just 5 minutes after Pet Nit Noy's post.

All these are cheapest tickets - non-flexible

So yes, mebbe there's different pricings for different origins.

Or just a poor exchange rate

OP - can your UK friends book for you?

But don't delay, these prices are flexible & usually rise as the date draws closer

JB :)

Thanks for the help. We actually ended up booking our tickets with a coupon code we found on the EUROSTAR website but used on a website here in the US and ended up saving 10 US dollars per ticket, paying a total of $288 (USD) for both. We also could book the 9:30AM train which was better than that really early morning one for us.