Sailing with Global Entry Card in lieu of Passport?

Terminal 18 (Allure Oasis) in Port Everglades will be getting the kiosks with in the next 6 months. I was told this by a customs agent last week as I exited the Allure.

Oh, happy day! Hope it expands to other terminals soon thereafter. :)

We also have the Global Entry card and it hasn't worked at any of the ports we've been sailing into since getting them. The port personnel knew what they were, but we couldn't use them. They told us that the cards could be used at the airports, but not at any shipping ports.

So I would advise you to bring the passport.

Enjoy your cruise!

We have GE card too. When using to fly into USA on uk passport (we are green card holders) the man manning the kiosks didn't know how to use and he got so frustrated with me taking forever he told me to get in regular line. Seeing as they had a desk for GE users I insisted I hadn't paid for the card to wait hours to get through and could I use the GE desk instead. After 5 minutes of me refusing to budge he let me go to the desk and they didn't know why my passport wouldn't scan either! not having been given instructions as to why it wouldn't scan uk passport I had to go back to where I got the card and it was only afterwards I found out was supposed to use GC instead of passport. :rolleyes:

Don't you just love correct info the first time around.

Anyway point being If someone in charge of monitoring kiosks that is supposed to be able to help and they have no clue, i don't hold out much hope of check in people to have a clue!

Role on kiosks though.

I did start a thread a while back asking about Goes being installed at ports. Perhaps it's time to give it a bump:D

We have GE card too. When using to fly into USA on uk passport (we are green card holders) the man manning the kiosks didn't know how to use .... it was only afterwards I found out was supposed to use GC instead of passport. :rolleyes:

From the CBP website:

"At airports, program participants proceed to Global Entry kiosks, present their machine-readable passport or U.S. permanent resident card, place their fingertips on the scanner for fingerprint verification, and make a customs declaration. The kiosk issues the traveler a transaction receipt and directs the traveler to baggage claim and the exit." :)

(I can only assume that the machine only reads US passports)

From the CBP website:

"At airports, program participants proceed to Global Entry kiosks, present their machine-readable passport or U.S. permanent resident card, place their fingertips on the scanner for fingerprint verification, and make a customs declaration. The kiosk issues the traveler a transaction receipt and directs the traveler to baggage claim and the exit." :)

(I can only assume that the machine only reads US passports)

Thanks,

We know that now and will hopefully be easier the next time we use, but didn't have that on the how to use first time card we had and the helper kept telling me it had to be passport:rolleyes:

Just want it in ports now to use more often:)