San Francisco Help Needed!!!!

jeanarch

We disembark from the Dawn Princess in the morning probably around 9 or 10 and our flight out is not until 11:40 at night. This is due to connections to our small town in Louisiana and using frequent flyer miles. What are suggestions to do with ourselves and/or our luggage all day. If there was a place to put the luggage we could certainly entertain ourselves but I don't relish spending all day and half the night at the airport. All suggestions will be appreciated.. This is in Novenber.

TrentS, we talked about that however, my DH does not want to drive in Sf. It was ok 40 years ago when we lived there but he doesn't want to now. We may have no other alternative. Thanks for the reply.

I"d go onto Priceline and bid for a really cheap hotel room.

Check in, put your leggage in the room and your valuables in the hotel safe and then go enjoy the city of SF for a day. Then late afternoonearly evening, you could go back, relax, clean up/shower put on travel clothes and head for the airport.

That's what I would do in your situation.

Jane

• 1 month later...

I would rent a cheap room also. San Francisco will also be very cold in November bring a jacket and dress very warm. If you rent a car you have the problem of being able to park it and it is a problem. You can take cable cars all over the city. If you like chinese food there is a place in china town called Chef Jia's try it it was great, beware they give you lots of food! Also if you go to Sausalito by ferry go to the ferry building to get the ferry and not from pier 39, it is much cheaper.

I'd rent a car - put the luggage in it - park it -- enjoy SF - then drive to the airport - the cost of the rental car will likely be less than a taxi to the airport and you've stored your luggage all day without paying for a hotel room ...The drive from downtown to the airport isn't bad especially on a weekend.

Archived