Sales

Leucothea

Current promo RDC or RD5 applies to most transatlantic sailings 2014 booked by 5/31/14.

Best rates seem to late Aug - Oct and depend on whether you are looking at East or West, 7 8, or 9 nights ?

However the very best rates may not be included in any so called Sale , but unadvertised FLASH rates which may appear after Final payment date.

They won't appear on the Cunard website but TA's will have access to FLASH rates.

Current promo RDC or RD5 applies to most transatlantic sailings 2014 booked by 5/31/14.

Best rates seem to late Aug - Oct and depend on whether you are looking at East or West, 7 8, or 9 nights ?

However the very best rates may not be included in any so called Sale , but unadvertised FLASH rates which may appear after Final payment date.

They won't appear on the Cunard website but TA's will have access to FLASH rates.

I looked at the sailings for 2014 on the Cunard site, and it's rather worrisome because it seems that on all of them there are many, many staterooms available, meaning people are not reserving, which is never a good sign.

I've noticed on a couple, many of the QG are sold out, and one had both QG and PG categories sold out, whereas all the other categories are hardly being booked, or at least they have many availabilities. I'm not sure what that means. Are people just waiting until fares go down because of the economy?

Also, I remember when I used to book a crossing Cunard would update my rate if there were deals on it. They haven't done that in a few years now, and I'm paying full price.

People are catching on to Cunard's Early Booking fares being a bit too pricy.

Waiting or watching for better rates after you book may pay off and will fill the sailing.

Cunard will not lower your booked rate unless you or your TA spots it first

and it is a rate that you qualify for .

Also , as I previously posted , I forgot to mention the Sale rates are even better for Nov-Dec 2014.

My main concern (...many staterooms available, meaning people are not reserving, which is never a good sign.... I've noticed on a couple, many of the QG are sold out, and one had both QG and PG categories sold out, whereas all the other categories are hardly being booked, or at least they have many availabilities....) is that Cunard is not filling the ship with early bookings, meaning perhaps slower sales.

I'm worried about the future of Cunard (and damn will this ### economy ever recover? :eek: It's been endless already!)

Also, I wonder why some crossings are sold out in the Grills. Perhaps some of these are lecturers who've been booked. However, I would like to know what it means in terms of the "desirability" (lectures on board, etc) of that particular crossing.