Q about goint to Kennedy Space Center with young kids

Robbiesox15

We are sailing on the Gem next month and will be traveling with a 2 year old and 5 year old. Wanted to go to Kennedy Space Center and we had not planned on bringing car seat/booster seat. Suggestions on best way to travel there with them? Tia!

Edited by Robbiesox15

We are sailing on the Gem next month and will be traveling with a 2 year old and 5 year old. Wanted to go to Kennedy Space Center and we had not planned on bringing car seat/booster seat. Suggestions on best way to travel there with them? Tia!

You can have a car service pick you up. They will bring booster seats, if requested. Other than that - a seatbelt.

Having a 2 year old and 5 year old in seatbelts only in Florida would be a violation of the law.

Florida law requires the 2-year old in a car seat - not the 5-year old. I thought taxis were exempt. I just looked up the statute - they are not. Only buses are.

We took the ship excursion to KSC in March, 2014. Transportation from the ship to KSC, as well as within KSC, is on coach style buses. It is not possible to use car seats on these buses, and it is not a violation of the law to take children on the bus without a car seat. However, it is less clear as to the risks associated with very young children (usually under 4 yrs and 40 lbs) on coach buses, specifically how well they are protected by the compartmentalization used to restrain passengers in the event of a collision.

We took our 9&6 yo boys on the bus without worry. I would have used a taxi and car seat if my youngest was under 40 lbs, but that's me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we went 2 years ago- took the tour bus - we looked at private coaches, taxi etc- and the tour bus just worked out great- only regret was wish we had more time

lots to see - there are tours inside the center too -