Miami Airport check in?

okiegirl07

You can check in for Carnival cruises - they have a desk located in the baggage claim area. If you are renting from National, Alamo or Thrifty it is easier to ride their free shuttle to POM and check-in there instead of going inside MIA to check-in and then returning to ride the shuttle.

You can check in for Carnival cruises - they have a desk located in the baggage claim area. If you are renting from National, Alamo or Thrifty it is easier to ride their free shuttle to POM and check-in there instead of going inside MIA to check-in and then returning to ride the shuttle.

We'll I've read that the airport check in is not that busy so I was thinking it might be faster. We are taking my mom and I don't think she can stand in a line too long. I already tried to get her to have me set up assistance but she is pretty stubborn. So I was thinking if we could go in there and maybe find somewhere for her to sit while I check into my room and then she can just get up to do her check in. Any suggestions on trying to accommodate my stubborn mother who refuses to age? Lol

Baggage claim is busy but there are places to sit. But it will also involve the trek from the car rental center to baggage claim and then either back to the car rental center for a shuttle to POM or to the taxi line for a cab ($24+tip flat rate fare for the cab) to POM.

If you are renting from a company offering free shuttle service I would jump into seats on the shuttle and check-in at POM - your Mom could sit while you wait in line. If you are renting from another company and will cab to POM then I would check-in at MIA.

It is a long walk to the rental cars after you pick up your luggage. Plus you also have to take a tram to the rental place. It would be harder on your mother to check in after returning the rental than it would to check in at the port.

claudia

Do Does Alamo have a free shuttle now from the Miami airport to the port? Where do you get it at?

alamo has a shuttle as well as dollar. i believe there are signs showing where to go