How does the booking work?

Yellowfurbaby

I booked my C2 cabin a few months back and there wasn't that much choice left on celebrity website.

I chose cabin 1654 on deck 11. (eclipse)

Now I look and there are about 12 available cabins now for midship. I find it hard to believe so many people have cancelled and final payment isn't due yet so what's going on?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Did you pick from the few that show up? That is often just a partial list of available cabins in that category. You can put in a specific cabin number on the Celebrity booking site and if it is available it will come up.

I never book on line although I use an online TA, I generally have a cabin or particular area I want to be in and call to book over the phone. they can see more available cabins than just those showing on X's web site.

If you booked with Celebrity I would call and request a different cabin. Shouldn't be a problem.

If you are in the us, just call your ta and request to change cabins in the same exact class eg c2 to c2...there is no charge by celebrity to do this. If you booked with celebrity directly just call them and make the same request. There should be no change to your fare or perks.

Yes it was with celebrity themselves. I'm in the UK. I wonder why they do this!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

As a previous poster said, until recently, the website only showed three cabins in a category. To see others available you had to input specific room number. However, there is no reason why you cannot change to another room in the same category now. Just telephone Celebrity [in the UK] with your booking reference and sail date and request the move.

[Everything changed in the UK this weekend and the 'phone numbers may have changed, so your best bet is to look up the 'phone number on the website.]