excursion and kids club

first let me say i don't have kids that are kid's club age. All grown up. I saw this type of question on another travel forum and thought i would throw it out here.

Here is why i ask, the parents were considering leaving kids at a land resort kids club and going to another city that was a couple of hours away for the whole day.

Do you leave your kids on the ship when you do excrsuions? What would happen to the kids if left in the kids club, and the parents missed the ship. Would the ship wait for the parents? I am not to familar with kids club rules.

The ship CAN'T wait all day...they have set times to be in port...

I wouldn't leave my kids on the ship, unless it was for a short time, with PLENTY of time to get back, having not gone to far in the 1st place!!

I have four kids (age ranges from 10 to 5 years of age).. There is no way I would leave my children on board and get off the ship without someone responsible for them being on the ship...

There is too much that could go wrong. Even if the parents left the child at another location on the island (I am sorry but I don't know if I would trust anyone on an island with my children without an adult that I know present)..

Just me though.. Each their own but if they miss the ship, there is going to be a whole other issue and I wouldn't even want to think about the headache.. When we go, I will be getting off the ship with our 2 daughters, and my husband will stay on the ship with our sons, just incase something happens..