What to do early Sunday morning in Bruges?

We're arriving in Bruges on a Sunday morning. Our taxi will have us in the city by 8:00. We have only 5 1/2 hours there, so we want to see and do as much as possible. I realize that not much will be open, but I'm hoping to get suggestions for things to do until we can catch a canal boat at 10:00.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Find the walking tour, there are some links about but for some reason CC don't like them.

There are quite a few self guided on the web, trying to find the one that a lot have used.

Looks like the one I was thinking of may not be available but sure someone has a copy somewher

Edited by insidecabin

We have just returned from a weekend in Belgium and spent all day Sunday in Bruges. Everything was open and there did seem to be a lot of people following guides, which I presumed are the walking tours.

As we had both been before and no doubt will go again, we just preferred to walk around and do our own thing. It really is a lovely place to visit, but so busy with tourist. I certainly wouldn't want to be here in July or August.

We're arriving in Bruges on a Sunday morning. Our taxi will have us in the city by 8:00. We have only 5 1/2 hours there, so we want to see and do as much as possible. I realize that not much will be open, but I'm hoping to get suggestions for things to do until we can catch a canal boat at 10:00.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Hi

That was exactly my situation last October and I did this

[YOUTUBE]BFvq9gLib7I[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]-JiNWDXDlxU[/YOUTUBE]

A mistake I made was going over to the belfry at around 11.30, by which time the queue was too long to do it (our taxi back was set for 1 o'clock) so if you want to do that wander over to Grote Markt when you arrive and see when it opens ( around 9 ?,) then you can do your canal tour afterwards. All the best, Tony

Hi

That was exactly my situation last October and I did this

[YOUTUBE]BFvq9gLib7I[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]-JiNWDXDlxU[/YOUTUBE]

A mistake I made was going over to the belfry at around 11.30, by which time the queue was too long to do it (our taxi back was set for 1 o'clock) so if you want to do that wander over to Grote Markt when you arrive and see when it opens ( around 9 ?,) then you can do your canal tour afterwards. All the best, Tony

Thank you, Tony and everyone for your advice. We'll do the walking tour, the canal tour, and then try some waffles and chocolate. I have a feeling we're going to hate to leave Bruges!

Sent from my iPad using Forums