A New Englander meets Texas! Magic Review April 20 - 27 WITH PICS!!

Catrin

Our Final Thoughts.....

First, we LOVED the Magic .. the ship that is. We really enjoyed the Lido Pool area.. the three levels, some in the sun, some in the shade. We really enjoyed the Waterworks area, the skycourse and the big screen!!

This ship for us never felt crowded. It handles all the passengers so well. From the dining room to the show room, to the buffet areas. It may be the time of year, with less kids and the single supplement, but it just never seemed crowded.

Favorites..

Without question, the Red Frog pub was a highlight. Great people, fantastic music (Robbie Litt is a Gem!) and fun atmosphere.

Great social staff led by James Dunn, Cruise Director.

Variety of Food - no lines at the Pizza station all week. We tried Mongolian Wok, Tandoor, Burrito Bar, Room Service, etc.

Camp Carnival and Club O2 for the kids....

and.... the PASSENGERS!! Wow, amazing NICE group of people. Yes, we were the oddballs from Rhode Island, and No, I do not know country music, but we had a really fun time.

Opportunities....

Room Steward - nothing WRONG exactly... just not the most friendly steward. Did his job but nothing special.

Pictures.. wow, have these gone up in price. Did it really cost $17.00 for our welcome aboard pic? Carnival really needs to re-think these and utilize technology here.

The Gym - two broken elliptical and two broken treadmills all week. Plus a few screens that were not working. Just needed updates.

Roatan... we would not do the Tabanya Beach Break again. Either we would go to an all inclusive or stay at Mohogany Bay.

I hope you enjoyed my diary and review!!

Catrin

I'm so sorry that no one told you that you can snorkel a world class reef by just walking into the water off Tabyana Beach. It is, in my opinion one of the best places to snorkel in the Caribbean. Another great place is Little French Key, but it is not a Carnival excursion. You have to book it on line. Hope you give Roatan another chance:)

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am going on the Magic in seven months and getting SO excited. Especially after reading your review!! So thank you so much for taking the time to write it and post pictures. It was wonderful!!