Photo Review: Celebrity Summit 4/26/14 REPO Cruise – Caribbean & Bermuda

HeatherC430

Wow this was an hour well spent. Thank you so much for posting. We literally today booked this same cruise for next year. This is our first Celebrity sailing though we cruise Royal a lot. Now all I can do is play the waiting game!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dont forget to call C&A and get your D+ level set up with Celebrity! You will have Elite benefits on your sailing!

Hello Heather, I enjoyed your review very much. We are booked on our first Celebrity cruise next summer (Northern Europe on the Eclipse) and I've been haunting the Celebrity forum for news and reviews (cause I enjoy the planning and anticipation almost as much as the cruise itsefl). We have sailed on Disney and Princess but Celebrity seems to have its own vocabulary (S-class and M-class, Aqua, etc.)

One of the things I enjoy the most on cruises is sitting in a deck chair on the Promenade Deck. In fact, when I'm going to sleep and trying to relax, that's my "happy place" in my mind! I've been looking for photos from the Promenade from Celebrity cruisers and yours is one of the few I've seen.

So, finally, here's my question: I only saw a couple of deck chairs in your photo. Was that usual? Lots on the top deck, but not so many on the Promenade (I'm too fair, can't take that much sun!).

Oh, and I echo the other poster who said try a European cruise -- or even a Panama Canal! Keep working on that husband...

JoAnn

Heather - thanks for all the time and effort it took to post your review - you've made a lot of people very happy. :)

I just finished reading your review from first to last post and loved your attitude and all the fun you and your Mum had together....some great memories made there. I loved reading your opinions on various parts of this cruise and how you and your Mum did things your way. Too many people do things they don't really want to do - formal night, sitting at a large table of people instead of a table for 2, eating in the MDR every night, going to all of the shows, etc. instead of doing what works best for them. If you love doing all those things great but it you don't then find an alternative.

I've been on all of the M class Celebrity ships and love the size of them. Will be trying our first S class in December so we're looking forward to having a new ship to explore. We have done the Panama Canal twice and loved it and will probably do it again in the future - going through the Panama Canal is one of the most relaxing experiences ever. If your DH really doesn't want to fly to Europe I guess you could always do a TransAtlantic and then another European cruise tacked on.:D

Have fun on all your future travels!

Loving your review Heather!!!!

I was actually on this sailing with you:)

I have one thing to say after seeing your Qsine pictures.......

"sharing is caring".... I wish there was a way to roll the "r's" on cruisecritic!!

I see you had little Herve as one of your waiters....is he not a riot????

I remember you from the roll call! Sharing is Caring! lol - Yes, Herv is great! He really makes the experience at Qsine worth it! Thanks for reading!

Hello Heather, I enjoyed your review very much. We are booked on our first Celebrity cruise next summer (Northern Europe on the Eclipse) and I've been haunting the Celebrity forum for news and reviews (cause I enjoy the planning and anticipation almost as much as the cruise itsefl). We have sailed on Disney and Princess but Celebrity seems to have its own vocabulary (S-class and M-class, Aqua, etc.)

One of the things I enjoy the most on cruises is sitting in a deck chair on the Promenade Deck. In fact, when I'm going to sleep and trying to relax, that's my "happy place" in my mind! I've been looking for photos from the Promenade from Celebrity cruisers and yours is one of the few I've seen.

So, finally, here's my question: I only saw a couple of deck chairs in your photo. Was that usual? Lots on the top deck, but not so many on the Promenade (I'm too fair, can't take that much sun!).

Oh, and I echo the other poster who said try a European cruise -- or even a Panama Canal! Keep working on that husband...

JoAnn

I don't recall the specific Promenade Deck and the number of chairs, but there are a bunch of deck chairs in the solarium area on Lido that are completely enclosed where you wouldn't get any sun, and also around the area of where the main pool is, there are also chairs that are under cover as well. You shouldn't have a problem finding chairs in a shaded spot.

Don't worry...I'm always working on the DH for the next cruise!

Thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed! Have a great cruise!

Wow, what a fabulous review.

I loved all your photos, you and your mum looked as though you had a wonderful time together.

It must have taken so much of your time and effort to post this wonderful review, but it was worth it.

Thank you.

We did have a great time! Traveling with my mother is much different than the standard cruise with my husband. Great memories though!

I thoroughly enjoyed posting the review and photos, being able to relive the cruise all over again. It's well worth any time/effort used to do so. There's nothing better than when you stumble upon a great photo review on cruise critic (especially if it's the same ship or itinerary you're about to have). It's all in paying your dues to Cruise Critic! ;)

Heather - thanks for all the time and effort it took to post your review - you've made a lot of people very happy. :)

I just finished reading your review from first to last post and loved your attitude and all the fun you and your Mum had together....some great memories made there. I loved reading your opinions on various parts of this cruise and how you and your Mum did things your way. Too many people do things they don't really want to do - formal night, sitting at a large table of people instead of a table for 2, eating in the MDR every night, going to all of the shows, etc. instead of doing what works best for them. If you love doing all those things great but it you don't then find an alternative.

I've been on all of the M class Celebrity ships and love the size of them. Will be trying our first S class in December so we're looking forward to having a new ship to explore. We have done the Panama Canal twice and loved it and will probably do it again in the future - going through the Panama Canal is one of the most relaxing experiences ever. If your DH really doesn't want to fly to Europe I guess you could always do a TransAtlantic and then another European cruise tacked on.:D

Have fun on all your future travels!

Thanks Sue! I'm glad you enjoyed reading! And yes, you're right...whether I'm with my mom or my husband traveling, we always do what we want to do (even if it's not the standard "what everyone else onboard" is probably doing). It is after all "our vacation". I recently got laid off, so even though I tentatively have the Panama Canal cruise booked for 2016, it'll depend on what what new job I get and what my vacation days look like. Hopefully, I find something comparable to my recent position. Eventually we'll cruise the Canal though. You might be interested in my Feb Summit review too (if you didn't already read that one).

**If anyone's hiring in the Pittsburgh area, let me know! lol**:(

• 7 months later...
We had John as our driver/guide in 2012, and I rode shot gun and 'guarded' the cooler:eek: If you want a bit more time at one stop and less at another, if the group is okie dokie with it, they will adjust. Since you visited the 'market' this trip, tell the driver more planes, less market. We have rode with the Mailman too! Next yr we are planning the day pass at one of the Sonesta Resorts.

Sorry again, back to your trip report:D

Hi Wallie,

What Sonesta resort in St. Martin do you go to and how much is a day pass? We will be there on Silhouette in April along with 6 other ships and thought that might be the way to go for the day!

Thanks for the wonderful review Heather. I read your last one and enjoyed it as well. We love the Summit- sailed her four times in a row last year!!!

Hope you found a new job!

Wow!!! Great review. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Thanks for the wonderful review Heather. I read your last one and enjoyed it as well. We love the Summit- sailed her four times in a row last year!!!

Hope you found a new job!

Glad you both enjoyed reading!

I did find another job. I actually just hit the 6 month marker at the new job. We're leaving tomorrow for San Juan, looking forward to another week onboard the Summit! I'll be posting another review the week I get back. Stay tuned...

Hi Wallie,

What Sonesta resort in St. Martin do you go to and how much is a day pass? We will be there on Silhouette in April along with 6 other ships and thought that might be the way to go for the day!

!

Lisa, there are 2, one at Great Bay by the port, and the other at Maho.

I think it was $85.00 pp

EW

• 1 month later...
Here are photos from the elevator bank of the hotel – showing the Convention Center across the street and the Sheraton’s pool area.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv5%3B%3B3%3Dot%3E%3A34%3B%3D6%3A5%3D346%3DXROQDF%3E2654797%3A24255ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv798%3C%3Dot%3E%3A34%3B%3D6%3A5%3D346%3DXROQDF%3E2654797%3A25255ot1lsi

Hi... I am looking to book another cruise, so I was going through my cruise critic reading some reviews. Yours caught my eye. I really like that you post photos to go with what you are saying. Ironic, I was on the Celebrity repositioning cruise in April 2014, AND we stayed at the same hotel that you did. small world. I also arrived on Friday, before our Saturday cruise departure, and enjoyed being in the pool and seeing our ship pull in to the port.

Thanks for your posts/photo's and comments. I am a big fan of Celebrity Summit. I have been on this ship 4 times. I have also cruised about 15 times on various Royal Caribbean ships.

Happy cruising!!

Karen

Hi... I am looking to book another cruise, so I was going through my cruise critic reading some reviews. Yours caught my eye. I really like that you post photos to go with what you are saying. Ironic, I was on the Celebrity repositioning cruise in April 2014, AND we stayed at the same hotel that you did. small world. I also arrived on Friday, before our Saturday cruise departure, and enjoyed being in the pool and seeing our ship pull in to the port.

Thanks for your posts/photo's and comments. I am a big fan of Celebrity Summit. I have been on this ship 4 times. I have also cruised about 15 times on various Royal Caribbean ships.

Happy cruising!!

Karen

Thanks for the kind words Karen! It really is a small world on Cruise Critic! Yes, I'm a fan of the Summit as well. We just returned from our 3rd cruise on the Summit and have it booked again for 2017. Next year we're venturing out of our comfort zone and trying the Silhouette. I'm hopeful that it will be just as good (if not better).