For Bonnie - August 20 Black Sea Cruise

ges123

Bonnie,

There has been a change in the ports and dates listed for the August 20 Black Sea cruise on the Land Discoveries booking portion of 'My Azamara'. Do you know if this is an itinerary change or just a website screw-up?

There has been a change of itinerary due to Ukraine situation. We just heard from our TA today. We have some Greek ports. Very sad for us and Ukraine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There has been a change of itinerary due to Ukraine situation. We just heard from our TA today. We have some Greek ports. Very sad for us and Ukraine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting. We are on that cruise and have been watching Azamara daily. They still list the Ukraine ports in the schedule. I will call my TA today. It would be nice if Azamara would publish a notice on their site. We noticed that Celebrity did

I just heard from my TA. Russian and Ukrainian ports are removed, two sea days and the ports of Sklathos and Volos in Greece and Canakkale, Turkey have been added. This will require some thought before deciding whether to proceed with this cruise or go to Plan B.

Gayle

I've just posted a lengthy new thread with the official statement and the two new itineraries for the Aug 20 & Sept 1 2014 AZAMARA QUEST voyages.

FYI - Guests who booked one of these Black Sea 2014 voyages with us directly are being called by our reservations team. Hopefully you have already been contacted.

I am not at all impressed with the changed itinerary. Obviously Ukraine had to be changed but to lose 3 Ukraine ports and 2 Russian ports with substitutions of 2 sea days, 2 very ordinary Greek ports and another Turkish port, is just not good enough.

The Celebrity cruise for October seems to be retaining Sochi.

We did not find the changes to the itinerary to our liking so have cancelled and booked this itinerary for 2016 when, perhaps, the political situation might be resolved.

Gayle

We did not find the changes to the itinerary to our liking so have cancelled and booked this itinerary for 2016 when, perhaps, the political situation might be resolved.

Gayle

I wish we could change also. However this is part of a B2B and we have already purchased our airfare. So, I guess we will be going and having a great time anyway.....Luckily we have been to the Ukraine ports on a previous Black Sea cruise, we were just hoping to see Socci.

Edited by Phxazzcruisers