Does Carnival know you're gay?

GaNavy

The only time the bed were correct was when I booked a room with bunk beds with a friend, after that they have always been seperate except when I sailed with a female friend, they were together then. The gay couple with us of course had their beds seperate when they got to the room.

We've cruised twice with Carnival. The first time we requested on the website that they be together. They were not but the steward quickly put them together.

The second time they were together as requested.

I wish they would do more to advertise FOD than just list it in the daily activity. The first cruise we took, almost no one ever showed up even though we saw lots of "family." The second was better though it was never at the same time any day.

Next cruise on Carnival in Feb. woohoo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We cruised on Carnival in December (and will again in April) and requested our beds be pushed together. Of course, we got there and they weren't. Our two friends, who are lesbian, had the exact same issue. Beds were not together. Our steward was an awesome guy and we told him and he had it fixed by the time we came back to the room after muster and walking around a little. This has also happened numerous times at hotels. We book and tell them we want a room with a king bed and we are put in a room with two beds. It can cause huge problems if the hotel is otherwise sold out but luckily on a cruise they just have to push the bed together and not find another room. I wish they would just honor the request as it is put in the computer. If someone made the mistake then that is on them and if they take offense Carnival can show them where they selected king bed.

About the FOD. I noticed on our daily activity list they always had an "LGBT meet up (unsupervised)" but we went and never saw a soul there. I am hoping our next cruise will have a few more people, being a longer cruise and a bigger ship. Are they normally horribly attended? It doesn't help that it is unsupervised, you know right from the start that you are just on your own and have to be extremely social to meet someone. I am not the most social person so some kind of activity would be so much better.

Edited by BigB0882

The stewards are always accommodating and it is always fixed the first day.

My husband I have been on three Carnival Cruises and twice they had to fix the beds. It was fixed right away and no problem. We never took it personally and ALL the cabin stewards were wonderful and welcoming as was all the crew.

We love Carnival and are impressed how welcoming and comfortable we feel on board as a same-sex couple. They are great !

The GLBT meets at the Alchemy Bar are terrific and the cruise directors always swing by and chat everyone up at the bar. So much fun.

So my husband and I just got back from our fourth Carnival cruise, and there is one thing that keeps bothering me. We have requested a king bed 4 times and for the forth time the request was ignored. When my carnival vacation planner found out, she was pissed and told me to email John Heald, talk to the cruise director etc... John was the CD on one of our cruise, and we already emailed him about it when it happened. For that cruise I even called Carnival to make sure they knew we wanted a king bed because it would always change back to twin beds on the website)

The stewards are always accommodating and it is always fixed the first day.

I spoke to the CD for this cruise, and he was nice but a bit dismissive and pretty much implied they are worried about offending straight people by having the beds pushed together (implying they are gay).

I am curious. Does this happen to anyone else when they cruise on Carnival? I have talked to other LGBT Carnival customers and it has happened to them as well. Once or twice I would call an oversight, more than that I would say that at least there needs to be some corporate cultural sensitivity training (or it is just outright homophobic corporate policy)

My point is if you are going to ignore a bed request based on the fact that the people sharing the bed are of the same gender, why even ask in the first place? :confused::confused:

Every time I have cruised with my cousin or beds are always together and we have to ask to separate them.

Our last Royal Caribbean cruise they even tried to give us a free Chef's Table dinner on Valentine's Day, they said it would be romantic lol