On board credit / select fare

Joship

We booked a cruise for this August direct with P&O on what turned out to be the last day of the old Vantage fare. The booking was changed to Select and we were reassured that should the price drop we would be reimbursed. We got £50 per person OBC at the time of booking. The fare is still the same but they are now offering an additional £60 per person OBC. This to my mind is the same as a price drop but I suspect they'll argue that it isn't. Is there any point to booking early with P&O?:confused:

Thanks, I'm in the process of trying to get through but am being driven mad by the hold music!!! I don't hold out much hope but as you suggest it's worth a try. Someone on here predicted that this is what would happen at the point they introduced the select / saver price structure...

Thank you so much grannygristle and English lady, my faith is restored and I shall be emailing P&O in the morning, I will post again to let others know how I get on:)

I would just add to not give up if your first request to for a 'price match' of the OBC is refused, keep asking, phone or email again. Tell them you'll take it higher kind of thing. :D

On the other thread one of the posters (possibly Dai) gives examples of what you need to be eligible, as long as you fulfill those criteria, keep pushing for the OBC!

• 1 month later...

Followed advice emailing in May and eventually received a rather unhelpful response in June. Immediately responded to that and still haven't had a response three weeks on despite sending a follow up email! How rude of P&O! I shall ring them tomorrow...

Followed advice emailing in May and received a rather unhelpful response inJune. Immediately responded to that and still haven't had a response three weeks on despite sending a follow up email! How rude of P&O! I shall ring them tomorrow

Followed advice emailing in May and received a rather unhelpful response inJune. Immediately responded to that and still haven't had a response three weeks on despite sending a follow up email! How rude of P&O! I shall ring them tomorrow

If its any help when I had to contact customer services I was told they had a 21day turn around. Not very good these days, but there you go.