layover 1 hr in Seattle

hmtsai

Never been to Seattle airport before. Is it very big? We'll have two domestic flights connecting in SEA for 59 mins layover. Is it enough time of us?

We're flying Delta. While I searched, I found Delta mostly use Concourse C and North Satellite. It looks like there's a satellite system between C and N terminals. Does it take long time (or wait) to transfer from C and N? And is it hard to take the transit system with carry-on?

Any information about SEA would be welcome.

Never been to Seattle airport before. Is it very big? We'll have two domestic flights connecting in SEA for 59 mins layover. Is it enough time of us?

We're flying Delta. While I searched, I found Delta mostly use Concourse C and North Satellite. It looks like there's a satellite system between C and N terminals. Does it take long time (or wait) to transfer from C and N? And is it hard to take the transit system with carry-on?

Any information about SEA would be welcome.

Not quite sure where you got your info, but it is flat out wrong. Please let us know exactly who's putting out this mistake.

DL is primarily in the SOUTH Satellite. They will sometimes use gates in the B concourse, especially in the morning (6-9am) when there are many flights going out that parked overnight. I can never recall DL operating in either C or N, which are now the domain of Alaska.

Within the S Satellite, you can go from one end to the other in three minutes or less. It's a rectangle, with gates on all sides. If you had to go from S to B (or vice versa), it would be a train ride. Trains operate on a frequency of between two and four minutes apart, and the ride is less than five in either direction.

All trains are reached by either escalator or elevator (your choice).

I would be comfortable with an hour connection for a DL to DL connection. Change that to AS and you have more real estate you have to contend with. Still, it's a relatively easy airport to navigate (though I am biased)

Thank you, FlyerTalker. You're really an expert.

I found my information on a website called flight stats dot com. Terminal maps for SEA are very helpful for me. About the gates, I figured by searching today's departures and arrivals choosing Delta Airlines. I used LAX as destination or origin, and it turned out most of the terminal gate showed T-Nx or T-Cxx. So I though it meant Concourse C or N. I might interpret wrong. :confused:

I figured by searching today's departures and arrivals choosing Delta Airlines. I used LAX as destination or origin, and it turned out most of the terminal gate showed T-Nx or T-Cxx. So I though it meant Concourse C or N. I might interpret wrong. :confused:

You are probably seeing the soon-to-be-ending codeshares with Alaska between LAX and SEA. Because AS uses C and N, that's what's showing up. Probably better to look at DL operated flights to/from ATL, DTW, SLC and MSP (and even there, beware of codeshares).

If you give us the cities involved in your flights, we might be able to give a more accurate answer as to what your situation might be. And, feel free to post any more questions you might have.

I would be comfortable with an hour connection for a DL to DL connection. Change that to AS and you have more real estate you have to contend with. Still, it's a relatively easy airport to navigate (though I am biased)

I also agree.

The one exception would be if you are arriving off an international flight. It frequently do Alaska (Horizon Air) from Victoria into Seattle usually connecting onto Alaska domestic flight. (Usually involves three shuttle trains). An hour can be tight if you need to clear immigration.

I went through last week and they have changed how they handle Canadian and US nationals. No form to fill out it is all done on a kiosk. I have done the new system once, we will to see how it works when some of the flights from Asia are also arriving.

You are probably seeing the soon-to-be-ending codeshares with Alaska between LAX and SEA. Because AS uses C and N, that's what's showing up. Probably better to look at DL operated flights to/from ATL, DTW, SLC and MSP (and even there, beware of codeshares).

If you give us the cities involved in your flights, we might be able to give a more accurate answer as to what your situation might be. And, feel free to post any more questions you might have.

I will be flying from Fairbanks to LAX in August. I couldn't find the same flight numbers for recent departures or arrivals at SEA on that website.

That's because the DL flight from FAI to SEA hasn't started up. It will be DL metal to DL metal in August.

Personally, I'd have booked the longer connect leaving SEA at 8:05am. I much prefer the E-175 to a 737. Bigger coach seats (an inch wider) and you are only 2-2 rather than 3-3. But you should still be ok with an hour connect.

Be aware that the DL operation is quite busy at that hour, with a number of flights leaving for the east coast between 6 and 7:30am.

If you were still shopping flights, the responses might be different, but you've apparently booked your flights, so unless you're willing to pay large change fees, it's a moot point and you're asking "Should I worry?" Yes, a little, but probably not a lot. If you miss your connection, Delta would normally put you on the next flight with available seats to your destination (not necessarily the very next flight). Your concern is just with DL, not SEA as a whole, meaning you should have small distances to cover, especially if staying within Delta's satellite terminal.

You've bought your tickets. Too late to worry. Relax and deal with things (e.g., delays) on that day. You'll get to your destination.

Edited by Fattony