airline cost

seeing this world

It sure is; apparently you just need to bond with the gate agent by smiling correctly:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matt-gibson/how-to-persuade-airline-e_b_3088830.html

Yikes, I was hoping that article would be from like 1997 or even 2002. In 2013...ridiculous advice of any kind. Free upgrades aren't going to happen for ridiculous reasons like that.

Hubby and I want to do a last minute cruise because the prices are soo good but MAN, the flight prices are KILLING us!! Why do the cruises get cheaper when the sailing dates get closer but the airline prices get MORE expensive!!:mad::mad:

Hubby and I want to do a last minute cruise because the prices are soo good but MAN, the flight prices are KILLING us!! Why do the cruises get cheaper when the sailing dates get closer but the airline prices get MORE expensive!!:mad::mad:

Simple - they go after very different groups of people. Those who book last minute cruises are doing so because they are cheaper (most times), as a result of cruiselines trying to fill any cabin, even at a loss, because they'll likely make money off of the drinks, food, gambling, excursions, etc. On the flip side, those who book last minute flights (usually business travelers) are doing so because they have to be in a specific city at a specific time, and have no choice - they'll pay whatever the price may be.

The biggest reason that flights are going up -- every seat sold and a fanny in it on a Wednesday morning at noon. FLL to BWI and then to lots of places. If planes are full, then price will go up. People on cruises do not realize how much the cruise industry benefits the FLL area. Hotel prices go up, rental cars are awful-- the fees etc are more than the rental, and try to get a taxi or shuttle. If 10,000 or 20,000 people are going on a cruise (or returning) every weekend THE PRICE GOES UP. Last I looked everything but my pay was going up -- groceries, clothes, shoes, phone bill , entertainment!