!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Day4-258_zps757cdf96.jpg

I spotted the Moby Dick boat heading to Stingray city, they are also highly recommended by many. But I still think I rather go on a Cat, I guess its because of my obsession with sail boats. I thinks if everything goes to plan I will eventually own one :)

Day4-263_zpsea868154.jpg

Day4-264_zpsd37931d7.jpg

Once we started approaching the entrance to the marina, they lowered the sail and turned the engine on. I will say that we only sailed under sail for a brief time and only one sail was deployed. Not entirely sure why. Although as I would later learn in Cozumel, its is a true pain in the butt to raise a sail. Guess who had to raise the in Cozumel? :D

Day4-267_zps3d67e6eb.jpg

Day4-288_zps42dfba53.jpg

So I love my cameras, you all know that. But something interesting happened in this voyage, some water did manage to get into my Olympus camera. There was some water condensation right on the lens area, granted all it took was exposing her to bright sun for 3 minutes to get rid of it. But I am not sure how that happened. I saw a similar problem on my old sony one and she died not long after that, I wonder if it the prolonged exposure to underwater situations. I will have to monitor this and make sure she does not die on me, I absolutely love that camera! She is just so capable.

You can see the water in this picture, it is slightly blurry

Day4-290_zps86f7f89f.jpg

Here is the mesh where I laid the entire time. It is larger than it looks, I think it was about 5 of comfortably sharing the mesh.

Day4-293_zps6ae9b403.jpg

Day4-294_zps77e23aa7.jpg

So overall a great company, very chill crew and easy going. They only collect the money until the very end of the excursion. I actually really loved that part, now days people just want your money without delivering a product. With this company it was just like, have fun and we take care of bizz later on. You can request to be dropped off on 7 mile beach or the shopping district. I decided to head back to the ship to eat lunch.

Day4-297_zps4df34606.jpg

Day4-296_zpsc5cecaf9.jpg

This is the beach they will drop you off at. I contemplated the idea of staying there, but I was worn out from all the swimming and wanted to relax for a little while.

Day4-299_zps001b5cfe.jpg

Day4-300_zps7334fb4b.jpg

Day4-302_zpsdd00fe91.jpg

Then I noticed that there was another carnival ship near us. It was the Dream.

Day4-306_zps66aa8b45.jpg

Back in the dock area I took a picture of map of the area.

Day4-319_zps86cdffdf.jpg

Day4-320_zps71392bb3.jpg

Day4-321_zps657ee6fd.jpg

Day4-322_zps5129061e.jpg

I am going to stop here, I will try to most more later or if not tomorrow. For more information on Grand Cayman check out my Celebrity Silhouette review. On that cruise we went to the turtle farm and walked around the shopping district.

A) I did not see any sauce on your shirt, so I think you hid it well haha.

B) I just discovered Nobilo a few weeks ago and it is my new at-home favorite wine!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

That wine is to die for, good price range as well.

Gambee, your Breeze review is fantastic! I'm enjoying every word of it and love all your pictures...especially the illustration modes which completely gives the photo a whole new life and story to it. I wish I could afford a camera with that great feature!

It's probably coming up later in your review, but I'd like to ask....when Breeze docks in Grand Caymen & Cozumel, which side of the ship did passengers get off?

I'm curious because I'm booking next week for March on Breeze 6 day itinerary to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, & Cozumel and for the views, I'd like to have my ocean view room facing the same side....yet I don't know whether to choose port or starboard side.

Thanks, and I'm even catching up on all your past reviews. You have quite a talent for both writing & photography! :)

I see you already got a couple of good responses. This is a very subjective topic, I prefer starboard and it has mostly always worked great for me. But other prefer port, apparently most of the time Carnival vessels dock port side.

By the way I have just noticed that Sony is implementing the illustration mode on many of their cameras. Go to their site and check in features, they have several affordable ones with that neat feature.

Wow...my next solo will be on the Breeze. Thanks so much for all the photos. This is really an excellent perspective.

You're welcome, thank you for commenting :).

I am enjoying your review so much! Also I have a Sony Cyber shot that has the illustration mode, it's very cool. Carry on, waiting for more.

Thank you :)

Great pics Gambee.

If you go back to the Caymans again, go to Rum Point. You can do the same things with the Sting Rays for free, well minus the cat of course. My brother lives there and when we had a port there that's exactly where he took us and we had the same experience. Not as many as you saw, but it was still great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see you already got a couple of good responses. This is a very subjective topic, I prefer starboard and it has mostly always worked great for me. But other prefer port, apparently most of the time Carnival vessels dock port side.

By the way I have just noticed that Sony is implementing the illustration mode on many of their cameras. Go to their site and check in features, they have several affordable ones with that neat feature.

Thanks gambee. I found one with the illustration feature going for just $159 online which I'm getting for my cruise. Your fantastic pictures have definitely sold me onto this camera! It truly turns an ordinary picture into a work of art.

Eagerly awaiting more of your Breeze review. In all of them actually, you really make the reader feel like they're right there every step of the way. Love it!

Gambee,

We interacted breifly on Twitter when you had to postpone your original Breeze trip. I'm happy to see you finaly made it on board. The fact that I knew you were about to sail not long after I did is pretty much the sole reason why I have not written a review. While there are maybe a few details/personal experiences that I can add that you did not have, there is no way that anything I could poduce would compare to what you have done before and are doing now with the Breeze. I hope that one day I get to at lease by you a drink on board as a small way of saying thanks!

I'm glad to see that you have enjoyed Stingray Sailing! We had an issue with Moby Dicks and they guys from Stingray Sailing helped us out without batting an eye. We ended up with Cayman Eco-Adventures and it was an amazing time as well with great service!

Looking forward to the rest of your review! Thank you very much for your work and effort! :D

Thanks so much for all that information. I had no idea it was so random. It's been 9 years since I've last cruised, so I kind of feel like a "newbie" all over again lol.

Our Breeze cruise will be March 8 and with Easter being April 5th, we're hoping the little kids will be still in school at that point. There may be college spring breakers, but i'll take that crowd over the kiddies any day! :D

I hate to spoil your hopes, but if you look at just USA and Canada, there will be several regions with march break that week. Not just college/university but grade schools as well.. Have a great cruise!

Hi Gambee,

You are doing a great job with your review, as always!

The last time we were in Mexico, we went to XCaret (a nature park there) and my then 8-year old son and I went swimming with nurse sharks. He LOVED it. They leave you alone and it was a really fun experience (XCaret is really fun, too.). He is begging us to go back to swim out in the ocean with whale sharks now. I highly recommend you try it - I've never regretted trying something out of my comfort zone that I've been afraid or nervous to do (for me, it's heights).

We had a similar experience as you in the MDR on our Carnival cruises - the service just wasn't that great. It seemed to get better as the cruises went on and they learned our preferences. But still, not great. We didn't really like the layout of the ships compared to RCCL either. But you actually have me considering a cruise on the Breeze in the future. It seems like a nice ship...a good upgrade from the Dream. I'll be interested to see how you rate the Breeze versus the Breakaway. :)

Thanks for all the work you do!

I just LOVE all your stingray pictures!:D Your enthusiasm for this excursion comes through. I did this in January and I was definitely a little nervous. After, I couldn't believe how amazing it was. :) I couldn't feed them, but I did everything else and had a blast. I'm so glad you did, too. And, I'm glad to hear you liked the warm chocolate melting cake. :cool: Two scoops of ice cream is the way to have it.

Heather

I really enjoyed your pictures of the Stingrays.....you never mentioned if the tour you were on served drinks and what type(s)? I was just wondering as some of the snorkeling tours we have been on have given you free drinks such as rum punch or beer. I can't drink beer, but I did my share of drinking the Rum Punch. It was strong. We had a really good time on the snorkeling tour.

Your revview is awesome! I can't wait until you get to the next series of shots. You have done a magnificent job. Makes me want to cruise right now! :D

Day4-168_zps00ed64c2.jpg

Day4-175_zps7e9657f8.jpg

See how they push you?

Day4-184_zpsbf966bbf.jpg

OMG Gambee, that is so funny! That stingray is actually pushing dude in the butt!:D:D I have been afraid of them ever since Steve Irwin died after being stung by a stingray. But this looks like a blast and the water is absolutely beautiful.

Thanks gambee. I found one with the illustration feature going for just $159 online which I'm getting for my cruise. Your fantastic pictures have definitely sold me onto this camera! It truly turns an ordinary picture into a work of art.

Eagerly awaiting more of your Breeze review. In all of them actually, you really make the reader feel like they're right there every step of the way. Love it!

Can you share the type of camera that you found? I have a great camera that I love but would love the illustration mode at a decent price?

Thanks,

tammi

Oh Gambee......those pictures and videos are just beautiful. I would be the one in the boat though. I love that gorgeous water. Nothing as pretty as that, but I don't do water (I like it better on top and not in the water). I would be freaking out if I had all those stingrays around my legs.:eek:

I can't believe that the ocean can be that pretty though. I grew up going to the beaches in New Jersey and you can't compare the two. I could cruise day in and day out in the Caribbean and never get tired of seeing such beautiful water. Can't wait to see more pics. I will be going to Grand Cayman for the first time in November. Can't wait for that either.

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

Gwen :)

Day4-8_zps4e6f32e5.jpg

Day4-9_zpsafe891ae.jpg

Back in the balcony we were anchoring.

Day4-14_zps6fa77476.jpg

The tenders getting ready. I wonder how they assign the contracts, a lot of money to be made there.

Day4-15_zpsc2063818.jpg

So at 7:50 I headed to the meeting place for the tender embarkation. There was a fairly large group of people waiting, maybe 70-100 I think. I took a seat and waited for about 5 minutes, then someone came up on the microphone and told us that the tender was ready for us. Well I lie, first we sang happy birthday for someone who was waiting with us. It was really nice that his wife did this for him. I wish to eventually find someone who would do these type of meaningful acts for me someday.

Anyway, they told us to follow them downstairs, and about 3 minutes later I had boarded the tender. I kid you not, I basically worried for nothing. Again I want to ask you what is the point of spending $50 on FTTF, but then again thats just my opinion and nothing more, to each their own.

Day4-16_zpse22f185d.jpg

Hello Gambee,

I am really enjoying reading your reviews. We are going on the Breeze with the same itinerary on June 1st. I have a question about the tendering process in Grand Cayman. We are planning to just do our own thing and hit the beach. I was reading the Fun Times and it says to meet in the Ocean Plaza on deck 5 at 7:30 and then we won't be able to get off the ship until it is given general clearance around 10:00. Is that true? It sounds like you went to the Ocean Plaza and got right off the boat. I may be reading the Fun Times wrong but it sounds like we have to wait for 2.5 hours. We have two kids so we are just trying to plan what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can you share the type of camera that you found? I have a great camera that I love but would love the illustration mode at a decent price?

Thanks,

tammi

tammi, the one I found going for $159 with the illustration mode is the Sony WX-300. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention other websites here, so i'll just say that it's named after a very famous rainforest. ;)

Be aware they are used but listed as "like new or in very good condition".

Edited by chris330r

tammi, the one I found going for $159 with the illustration mode is the Sony WX-300. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention other websites here, so i'll just say that it's named after a very famous rainforest. ;)

Be aware they are used but listed as "like new or in very good condition".

thanks for the tip! I will go check out the rainforest! :-)

Tammi

I'll have you know that the pics in this darn review forced me to switch cruises!! I was on Freedom, now I'm on Breeze!! I blame you Gambee ((wags finger))!!!:D

And I posted this on PhoenixDawgCruising's thread:

Newsflash!!!!!!!!!!

Carnival Breeze experiences an unusual influx of bookings due to a user review!!!!

Cruise Critic member Gambee has once again posted an excellent, awesome, enjoyable review of the Carnival Breeze. This review seems to be sending other Cruise Critic members into a rush to book on the Breeze even if it means cancelling an already booked cruise. Gambee's review is also likely to entice others that are not booked yet to take the dive and book the Breeze.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled threads.

:D:D:D:D

I thought you might get a laugh out of this!

I agree Gambee. The Stingray City Tour was the highlight of my cruise. Loved it!!! When I was there we did SCT, Turtle Farm and Hell all in one trip. Ill never forget it. Amazing!! My favorite excursion. Nothing has compared to it yet. Although I would like to swim with the Turtles. Dont think I could ever get it in the water with Sharks of any kind. Oh I would love to see a Manta Ray!