Balcony in December?

krnplcd

Hi All,

Planning on doing a trip December 1st - 12th on the Gem. It's the 12 day southern Caribbean trip and wifey and I are deciding between an Inside and an SE suite. The last time my wife and I booked a SF suite (Aft suite) and it was awesome (spent most of the trip on the balcony. However, since it's december in New York I imagine it would be a bit cold. Has anyone done this route in december? Will we be indoors for the first 2 days and the last 3?

Hi All,

Planning on doing a trip December 1st - 12th on the Gem. It's the 12 day southern Caribbean trip and wifey and I are deciding between an Inside and an SE suite. The last time my wife and I booked a SF suite (Aft suite) and it was awesome (spent most of the trip on the balcony. However, since it's december in New York I imagine it would be a bit cold. Has anyone done this route in december? Will we be indoors for the first 2 days and the last 3?

The Caribbean temperatures don't vary much during the year . We went in November and the temps were between 70 and 90 degrees depending on the Island and day.

We had an aft balcony on the Gem when we cruised one February. There was snow on the decks when we left NYC. We really enjoyed ourselves as it got warmer and warmer. Two days each way is chilly, then cold. The balcony was well worth it for the rest of the cruise.

We are on this same cruise (Gem 12/1 thru 12/12) and have an aft balcony. Because it's less windy back there, it's a good possibility we might be able to enjoy time out there as soon as the first sea day. By then we should be off the coast of NC.

Even if it's 2 days either side of the cruise, that still gives you 8 days to enjoy it. I can't wait! maybe we'll be neighbors! LOL :-)

We usually sail in Jan. I'm out on the balcony by next day, and coming home on balcony till last night( may need jacket last night). Aft balcony does block some of the wind. Beautiful rooms, beautiful views.

Safe sailing