Dancing on The Golden Princess to Alaska

luvtravel

We havent been on Princess for awhile but have fond memories of being able to dance before and after dinner. Is this still possible? Know some of the cruise lines have cut back on entertainment. We enjoy all types of dancing...and the music too of course. Appreciate any info!

While I can't answer the Golden to Alaska specifically, I can answer generally on Princess.

Princess tends to have a band in the Wheelhouse from about 8:30 onward, sometimes earlier. They also sometimes have the Princess Orchestra play dance music in the lounge in back, and sometimes the party band will play.

The Golden also has Skywalkers and there is typically a DJ there, usually starting around 10:30.

Hope that helps.

The Golden also has Skywalkers and there is typically a DJ there, usually starting around 10:30.

Don't expect much nightlife on an Alaskan cruise. I've never gone up to Skywalkers at night, but when we took my kids 3 years ago, my 18 year old son went up to Skywalkers with his newfound friends most evenings, and he said that it was pretty dead up there. I think most people on Alaskan cruises are in bed by 10:30 or 11. ;)

There is usually entertainment starting around 5 pm ship's time. Sometimes it's dance music and other times it's vocalists or a trio. One year we had table mates, who danced before dinner, then found a venue and danced again after dinner. So there's hope for you.