Could be our last Regent Cruise

Well pleased to report that common sense prevailed. Regent finally agreed that we could pay an element of the balance up front which covered the cost of the upgraded seats flying BA. Booking was confirmed, eticket issued and we were able to pre book our seats via the BA Executive Club in the usual way.

Edited by zimmer46

Well pleased to report that common sense prevailed. Regent finally agreed that we could pay an element of the balance up front which covered the cost of the upgraded seats flying BA. Booking was confirmed, eticket issued and we were able to pre book our seats via the BA Executive Club in the usual way.

Congratulations! I'm hoping it did not take this long and that you've just been to busy planning your holiday to drop by and update us! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am booked on a 30 day cruise with Regent, Dubai to Capetown, with stops in Mombasa, Kenya. Recently the US State Department issued warnings of "high risk" of terrorist threats in Mombasa. The UK is evacuating its tourists from the city.

I have called, e-mailed and written to Regent supervisors asking how they will handle this threat and NO ONE has responded. I pointed out that we have sailed with them many times before and deserve a timely response. I suspect the company is stalling until the June 24 date for final payment. Then we and others will be stuck with a high-risk stop or a change we may not want.

Is this any way to treat a loyal customer?

Welcome to cruise critic and the Regent board! Your 30 day itinerary looks wonderful. I can not imagine that Regent would intentionally delay responding to you simply to get you to pay first and answer your question later.

I agree it seems very unprofessional to not have responded to your many inquiries. I have got to wonder over what period of time you sent them (in the last 3 days) or a longer time period.

As your cruise is a 30 day cruise with many ports would you cancel your entire cruise over missing one port or a substitution. I can only imagine that as your cruise gets closer (could be even at time of sailing) they will have a back up plan. Regent certainly would not port in an area of current unrest.

You may remember that cruises in the past have had alterations due to trouble in Middle Eastern countries last the last year or two.

I can only imagine that they are working on back up plans and are taking a wait and see approach as your cruise is still a ways out.

If you booked thru a TA have them get this info thru their contacts. I am surprised you have not gotten a response but maybe you have only reached out in the last few days.

By the way your profile does not say whether you are a US customer or possibly a UK customer, depending on your location maybe that could account for delays.

Once again welcome to Cruise Critic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I also would like to welcome you to Cruise Critic. I agree with last post. Assuming you are from the U.S. or Canada, hopefully you booked through a TA. Have you checked with them since they usually have contacts within Regent where they can obtain answers quickly? I suspect, however, that there are simply no answers right now. Regent is faced with potential problems in all parts of the world. They definitely would not hold off on a decision to wait until the balance of the cruise is due. A travel warning in June does not mean that it will be in effect in November.

Being a loyal customer, we know how well Regent treats their customers. Some things simply take time to figure out. In this case, I would not be surprised if they skipped the port and either added a sea day or will select another port. We were booked on that itinerary at one point but cancelled. Mombasa is not the only port with issues (note: we did not cancel due to unrest -- it was due to part of the itinerary that we did not want to repeat).

I'm on that cruise and NO line will put their ships or passengers in any danger. It is several months away but Regent could make itinerary changes. We all have to be flexible!

I'm going to pay my fare by June 24 - I need a BIG break!

Let's hope for the best!

There's a roll call on that forum - check it out.

I am booked on a 30 day cruise with Regent, Dubai to Capetown, with stops in Mombasa, Kenya. Recently the US State Department issued warnings of "high risk" of terrorist threats in Mombasa. The UK is evacuating its tourists from the city.

I have called, e-mailed and written to Regent supervisors asking how they will handle this threat and NO ONE has responded. I pointed out that we have sailed with them many times before and deserve a timely response. I suspect the company is stalling until the June 24 date for final payment. Then we and others will be stuck with a high-risk stop or a change we may not want.

Is this any way to treat a loyal customer?

I am on this cruise as well, and cannot imagine that so small a change would upset me so much as to cancel such a long cruise. There is simply no way that the cruise line can know this far in advance how one event now will affect the future. And they would certainly not put you in danger. If you have sailed with them many times (as have I, as well) I would think you would be more understanding of the whole situation, actually, and already know this.

Edited by jhp

Not only world events but weather can cause you to miss a port or ports. You can't blame Regent for this. We have missed many ports in our many cruises. The cruise lines are looking out for YOUR safety. We just go with the flow.