Help me understand

scaper

First of all I am a self-professed Disney nut so my opinion is biased. Most of my cruise experiences have been with Disney most recently on the newest ship the Fantasy (wow what a beautiful ship) and one on NCL. Disney beat NCL hands down, yes the cruises were pricey but to have the Disney magic at sea (without all the craziness of the parks) was worth it for my family. That said, the price of their cruises is steadily rising and now that we are a family of 5 (with two teens and a toddler--surprise;)) we are exploring other cruising options because we like to vacation more than once per year. Since we took the kids on a Spring Break trip to WDW Dh and I are trying Carnival for the first time this July (on the Breeze). The price can't be beat and if we enjoy it (which I am sure we will), we'll bring the kiddies next time!!

It's not all about price for some folks. As you said, different strokes for different folks.

I once dropped $8000 for a TA on QE2, and only 6 nights, and I was not in a Grill cabin either. Granted, it was billed as the "Last Transatlantic crossing of the 20th century", and it was. No regrets, and I welcomed the 4 days of rough seas, wearing a tux every night, and no port stops!

I spent even more than that for QM2's maiden transatlantic crossing. Yup, rough seas too, and I loved every second of it! Dancing in the QM2's 2-level G32 nightclub after midnight in the middle of the north Atlantic is a memory etched into my mind.

03.-QM2_G32_Night.jpg

This is why there are many different cruise lines, and Carnival Corp owns many of them including Cunard. There's a cover for every pot!

For us it's itin/cabin availability and price.

Us too. I just went and poked around on Holland America, Princess, Royal Caribbean and Princess for next summer. Even if they leave out of a port we can get to easily/quickly (Houston, Galveston or New Orleans), they either don't have sailings when we'd be able to go on vacation (June through August) or they only have 7+ day sailings, which is hard for us to do because it's hard for my husband to get that much time off work.

So basically we're stuck with Carnival because they do 5 day sailings, which nobody else seems to do. It kinda sucks, because I'd love to try Princess or Royal Caribbean (for some reason my brain kept autocorrecting that as "Royal Crabbin:D).

RCI isnt always more expensive! Some of the cruises I was pricing out of Galveston for June RCI were cheaper than many Carnival cruises.

I cruised Voyager of the seas last year for $100 per day per person and I am doing the same 15 night cruise on Voyager in April 2015 for the same price.

I am doing a cruise in June on the Dream but I would cruise any line if the deal was right.:)

I once paid a lot of money to fly the concord Trans Atlantic. Things were mostly equal 1 Trans Atlantic flight just a few hours quicker. Would i do it again (if available) only if the price is the same but I'm glad i did it once.

A lot of people only buy Ford or other such models. I have owned 5 different models over our last five cars.

We sail different line's as you can see in my signature with carnival being the most.

Money is important to us but at time's we can find very completive rates on other lines and if we do we try them out. It is the same and at the same time its very different.