Costa Deiziosa broken down

clive and anne

Just a quick update folks.

This morning I have spoken to Costa and they agreed to a 50% refund of all money paid including airfare and all inclusive package. In addition we have asked to go on the same cruise in July and this is free including airfare and all inclusive.

I am awaiting email confirmation from them, will keep everyone posted and thanks for the messages of condolence.

Clive

Clive, I hope you get your confirmation soon and that you are satisfied with the arrangements.

OK I think everything is now sorted.

The deal was 50% refund of ALL money I paid which meant a £1500 refund which hopefully be in my account tomorrow.

A free cruise with flights and all inclusive included and its the same ship and same itinerary leaving Rome on 18th July. The paperwork is already sorted.

I would say that considering the size of the problem that Costa have faced these last two days they have handled it very well. With 2500+ having to be flown back from Valencia and 2500+ people having to be re organised with refunds and new cruises this has been a big problem to deal with

And if that grovelling doesn't get me an upgrade to a balcony there is no justice in this world.

Oh and don't worry tomorrow we are flying out to Lesbos for a two week land holiday.

Edinburgh Castle 1998

Thomson Topaz 1999

Carnival Sensation 2000

First Choice Ausonia 2001

Airtours Sunbird 2002

Island Escape 2003

Airtours Sundream 2004

RCI Splendour of the Seas 2005

NCL Pride of America 2008

Thomson Destiny 2010

Thomson Celebration 2012

Costa Fortuna 2013

Fred Olsen Braemar 2013

Fred Olsen Braemar 2013

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

clive and anne

View Public Profile

Find all posts by clive and anne

Add clive and anne to Your Contacts

More repairs ? or possibly on a shortened cruise with the passengers that Onyx mentioned!

The ship looks like ok, the cruise is on with a delay of 2 days:

Just to give you the information my parents got yesterday;

instead of the 21st, their departure from Savona will be on the 23rd,

therefore the cruise will now be instead of 13 days only 11 days

(they will get a new itinerary later).

Because of that they will get a refund of 25 % and 100 Euro bord account.

Costa Deliziosa is sheduled to leave Valencia at 18:00 local time on the 21st of may according to the Costa website.

18:00 (LT) 21 May 2014

Just for information, it is now 7:41 in Valencia, and the Deliziosa hasn't moved. Not even any smoke or steam emanating from her funnel (at least that I can see...)

The homepage shows, that departure from Valencia will be

tonight, Thurday, 22nd of May at 9 pm local time:

http://www.costakreuzfahrten.ch/ch/costa_deliziosa.html#1

I think and hope that as the ship is now empty they make it ready in Valencia for the next cruise, so that in Savona the new people just have to board in the evening on Friday and off they go on a shorter itinerary...

Greetings from Lesbos

This morning I received an email, I presume in error, that she will sail tomorrow, Friday on a 10 day cruise keeping the itinarary but missing out Katakolon, Mykynos and making Istanbul one day not overnight.

Greetings from Lesbos

This morning I received an email, I presume in error, that she will sail tomorrow, Friday on a 10 day cruise keeping the itinarary but missing out Katakolon, Mykynos and making Istanbul one day not overnight.

No that might be right.

- She sails on thursday, 22nd at 9 pm;

- then she arrives at 8 pm in Savona, picking up guests (my parents for example)

- sailing whenever possible on Friday Night and making port on Saturday in Citvitavecchia to pick up some passengers there and start from there the 10 day cruise (to be at the right time back for the next cruise, so that the next passengers will never know there was a problem...!)

I assume you get the mail, because "one hand didn't know what the other hand is doing" meaning that who ever sent you the mail didn't know that you were already cancelled.

After talking to my parents, which got the information as well, I think now, that the people who were supposed to board the ship in Civitavecchia

will be brought to Savona today and their cruise will end up normaly in Civitavecchia, therefore it will for them be a 10 day cruise, while the Savona People will have a 11 day cruise.

Update; the ship has left and is on its way between Valencia and Savona.

After talking to my parents, which got the information as well, I think now, that the people who were supposed to board the ship in Civitavecchia

will be brought to Savona today and their cruise will end up normaly in Civitavecchia, therefore it will for them be a 10 day cruise, while the Savona People will have a 11 day cruise.

Update; the ship has left and is on its way between Valencia and Savona.

She got underway just after 8pm Valencia time last night...

Vamoosh.jpg

If you note her waterline, the bow is higher than the stern - she's really got a head of steam running there! :)

Edited by WoodyWindy

She got underway just after 8pm Valencia time last night...

If you note her waterline, the bow is higher than the stern - she's really got a head of steam running there! :)

She's is steaming with 22 knots (right now).

• 2 weeks later...