Royal Caribbean Cruiser (Adults, No Kids!) tries Disney Fantasy

Hello, Royal Caribbean board!

I'm Victoria (aka LittleMissMagic), and you might remember me from my Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas and Monarch of the Seas cruise reviews! I've just returned from a 7-night Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy and would like to invite you to read my review (on the Disney Cruise board) - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2044057

I'll be sharing my observations and opinions on how the two cruise lines compare throughout the review. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me in this thread, or on my Disney Fantasy review thread!

Happy Cruising! :)

I'll be reading! I got hooked on cruising Disney when they sailed from Galveston and will be trying my first RC cruise at the recommendation of many people onboard Disney who said RC was the other cruise line they'd recommend. 4 of my 6 Disney cruises were without children and were absolutely wonderful! Disney has wonderful (enforced) child-free areas & activities onboard (Magic & Wonder for me).

We prefer the service/ambience level on Disney but the pricing is so much higher that RCI is our line of choice as the "value for the money".

I can't disagree with you there! We loved our Disney Cruise, but the entire time, we kept having to ask if the value was worth the price we paid. My boyfriend has yet to sail Royal Caribbean (he wants to go on Allure/Oasis!), but he did sail Norwegian Epic which was his "value for the money" to compare to. In the end, he said that he had a great time on Disney and would definitely do a Disney Cruise again in the future, but that Norwegian provided a better value for him.