Hotel in Boston

Wyotraveler

I don't have any experience with VRBO's so I can't really give you advice. Have you checked the John Jeffries House? Location is good on the north side of Beacon Hill and downtown is walkable.

Will check it out, thanks :)

I don't have any experience with VRBO's so I can't really give you advice. Have you checked the John Jeffries House? Location is good on the north side of Beacon Hill and downtown is walkable.

Hi again Carol,

I heard back from John Jeffries place and they do not have a room available the size we need. I found a place near Braddock Park at Carleton St. in the South End and was wondering what your opinion of that area was? Again, thank you for your time.

Christine

Always planning for my next cruise...

Preferably one for three people (no couples). John Jeffries only had a room with a double bed and single futon, so it would've been kind of tight.

Christine

Last minute travel (LastMinuteTravel.com) has the Park Plaza for Sept 24-28 for $208 plus tax. My husband has stayed there and the hotel is fine - grand public rooms but eclectic individual rooms with "standard beds" which I assume would be two doubles. Your strategy for this hotel would be to call them ahead of time so that a room that can comfortably accommodate three people could be blocked out for you.

Last minute travel (LastMinuteTravel.com) has the Park Plaza for Sept 24-28 for $208 plus tax. My husband has stayed there and the hotel is fine - grand public rooms but eclectic individual rooms with "standard beds" which I assume would be two doubles. Your strategy for this hotel would be to call them ahead of time so that a room that can comfortably accommodate three people could be blocked out for you.

Thanks - will give it a shot.

Christine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Carol,

Our hotels are booked and thank you again for mentioning LastMinuteTravel - we decided to go one night before the cruise (staying at the Hyatt Boston Harbor), close to the airport and cruise port.

Then post cruise we are staying at the Marriott Copley Place for three nights.

Just wanted to pick your brain on one question. One of my travel buddies is interested in taking a daytrip/tour to see Rhode Island and the beautiful mansions and houses there. Do you know of any tour companies that offer that?

Sounds like a good plan.

Sorry, but I don't know anything about the Newport houses. Perhaps you should start a new thread with a "Newport" title to get the right audience.

I'll give it a shot thanks.

Christine