carnival credit card

beberenn

Thinking about getting the carnival credit card to earn OBC and points towards discounted cruises.

Is there any kind of perk for applying for the card while you are on the ship?

We are leaving in 24 days...should I wait?

or just apply now so I get the card before we leave ?

I would advise a cash-back card that earns 2% on all purchases. It's more valuable than the Funpoints card.

Sorry, gtalum, but your response is not answering the OP's question.

OP - if you get the Carnival Credit Card on board, you receive a couple of gifts - lanyard, small string back-pack, and I don't remember what else they were offering. I noticed this when I was waiting to book our next year's cruises. The Future Cruise Desk was doing future cruises & signing up people for the CC.

Edited by Sparky2

I finally signed up for one on our last cruise. You get the usual trinkets plus I think it was like 10,000 bonus points. They give you 2 points on Carnival purchases and I believe 1 point for all other charges. If you sign up the first day, it will give you the 2 points for your onboard account.

I only use it for Carnival purchases to get the extra 1 point while my regular card that I use for all other purchases give 1.5% back on everything "all the time" what's in your wallet.

Always have to play the cc game these days.

The card is good IF you pay it off in full each and every month. The interest rate charged is obscene IMO. Other than that, it's a good way to rack up a few bucks towards your next cruise.

Poster above is correct in noting that there are probably other cards out there that offer a bigger "kick back" on everything, but the Carnival Card is a fun way to get more points towards your next Fun Cruise. :cool:

Also, it seems to me that they offered an immediate 5,000 points towards your account if you apply for the card on board. That may have been a temporary thing however? Anyone know more about this?

"SKY"

Edited by SkyMaster

I just got mine a month ago and at the end of the first billing period got a bonus 10,000 points. (that's $100 OBC) I sail in September so I will be putting all 3 travelers' final payment on it. Double points, you know. I pay all my bills with it, including car and insurance. But I immediately pay it off so as not to carry a balance. I used to use my debit card for everything. Now I use my cc. It's fun watching the bonus points build up and I hope that my next years' cruise will be paid for with points. :D :D

I just got mine a month ago and at the end of the first billing period got a bonus 10,000 points. (that's $100 OBC) I sail in September so I will be putting all 3 travelers' final payment on it. Double points, you know. I pay all my bills with it, including car and insurance. But I immediately pay it off so as not to carry a balance. I used to use my debit card for everything. Now I use my cc. It's fun watching the bonus points build up and I hope that my next years' cruise will be paid for with points. :D :D

I just started doing the same thing and I purchased my excursion on the card and got double points. I can't wait to see the 10K points at the end of the billing cycle. Hopefully by the time my cruise comes I will have at least 20K. :)

I just got an offer in the mail from Carnival for a CC, didn't want another credit card and don't know if the benefits would be worth it as my first cruise is coming up in July and I need to see how we like crusing.

I just got an offer in the mail from Carnival for a CC, didn't want another credit card and don't know if the benefits would be worth it as my first cruise is coming up in July and I need to see how we like crusing.

You can apply for the credit card on board and get the bonus points, etc. But if they are experiencing satellite problems, they may not be able to get approval before the end of your cruise. But if you are approved, they can move all your sign and sail charges to the card and you get double points. Wait a couple of days to be sure you LOVE cruising, then go fill out the application!

I had $200 OBC on my April cruise. Nice little perk, since we don't use the card for everything. It adds up!

When I signed up for the CC onboard, I received 5,000 bonus points. I booked our next year's B2B at the same time. I'm only using this card for Carnival purchases and for my weekly hairdresser appt. which will keep points from expiring.

I have another CC that I use for everything else because I get better cash-back rewards.