thermostat in each room?

Rikiw111

I am considering the Pride for Mexican Riviera in November. I heard that on the Pride there are no thermostats in the room and you have no control of the temperature. Is this true? Also, how many kids can I expect in Nov.? Trying to decided between Royal Carb. cruise and Carnival. We are in mid-thirties and want to have a good time, but don't want a stuffy, snobby atmosphere. Advice on Carnival vs. Royal Car. is welcome.

Thanks, Riki

On the Carnival ships we've been on there is a vent in the ceiling with a lever that you can move towards the blue for colder - and red for warmer, but no real thermostat.

I've been on 5 Carnival, 2 RCI, & I have enjoyed them all, however I would describe RCI as being a little more refined service and decor wise.

As for the number of kids, it would depend if it were over a holiday or not.

I would also make a decision based on which ship gives you the most time in ports. Not sure if it is still the same, but RCI had a full day in Cabo, whereas Carnival was there only half a day & as it's a tender port, meant you only had a few hours.

Archived