Liberty

Feel badly for those folks who fell ill. Not fun.

Simple hand washing after using the rest room, and before meals is important. Heck, I am constantly washing my hands!

I try very hard not touch stairway handrails, elevator buttons, and door handles with my bare hands. I wipe down the TV remote, door handles, and other hard surfaces in our cabin.

We fly, and wipe down the arm rests and screens as well.

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

I cruised the 24th-31st. I'm not aware of anyone who was sick from anything NOT self-induced. I did not witness but spoke to two people about two times that someone too drunk got into the pool and threw up in the pool. Both times the pool was closed. We had a slight detour t allow a crew member to leave because of a medical reason. It sounded like something much more severe than a stomach virus. I believe the crew is very good about cleaning after an outbreak.

How do you message John Heald? If you can tell me, I'll ask him about it.

He has a page on that social media website. I've only posted on his page one time when I got back from my last cruise to tell him both praise and one bad thing about my cruise and he actually responded pretty quickly. Just post it directly on his page - not as a private message. He should respond. He usually always does.

We also just got off Liberty yesterday (5/31). We sailed with our two boys, 7 and 9. We took Clorox wipes to the entire cabin when we first entered. We also washed our hands a ton. I carried hand sanitizer in our pool bag for after we made our plates and before we touched our food. Call us crazy, but we are still okay. I noticed a lot more buckets with cleaning fluid than on our previous sailings and even saw cabin stewards unscrewing light switches to clean them and then putting them back.

How do you message John Heald? If you can tell me, I'll ask him about it.

Just posted this on another thread and am copying that post and putting it here too:

FYI - I just asked John Heald about people getting sick on that other page. Of course I don't expect them to admit there is a problem but maybe he'll get the ball rolling and start asking some questions about it.... - here is both my question and response:

John,

It seems I've been nominated to ask you about recent illnesses on the Carnival Liberty. There have been several threads on Cruise Critic lately discussing the fact that many have gotten ill on recent cruises. I know you are a busy man but if there is anywhere you could check on this, I would greatly appreciate it. You have many apprehensive cruisers who are soon sailing on the Liberty that are biting their nails right now. Thanks for all you do!

John Heald: Hello Elisa, there is nothing to worry about. The ship is running in normal conditions and everyone is having fun. If there were some gastro illnesses on board steps would have been taken by the ship's company to deep clean under the rules and regulations of United States Public Health. So, all is well, there are 3000 guests on the ship right now having the best of times as indeed will you. cheers and best to you all

Sounds like a pat answer. Corporate speak for "Don't spread that around, and please, bring lots of spending money when you board next week!!" :p

Yup.... but I'm hoping behind the scenes he's making some phone calls or sending some emails. :rolleyes: