9:20 AM Flight Out of MIA

cmalagngl

This makes no sense. If your flight is not till noon, take your time. Enjoy breakfast, leave the ship around 9h30, you will be at the airport by 10h00 still giving you plenty of time to get your flight (a solid 2 hours before your flight).

Why do you want to get off ASAP??

The problem is the "bubble of people" getting off...In my experience, leaving early gets through customs quickly...but waiting even an hour later adds considerable time. Since you have to vacate your room by 8 and they quit service shortly after that, my thought is you can sit around the ship, or sit at the airport...not much difference.

If you are the first off the ship, chances are you will be in cab within 10 minutes of scanning your card while leaving ship...if you wait until middle of the disembarkation process you likely will wait at least an hour. And many times the wait time differences are similar at the airport. (I know San Juan is a good example of that) Of course ymmv, but we always do self walk off (and I understand that isn't an option for all) and rarely have any wait time.

Thanks for all the replies...

we are nervous travelers so the earlier we get off the ship with no worries about misplaced luggage the better..(this has happened to us twice, once a bag was misfiled on the ground, another time another cruiser was about to put our bag into a limo..)

We will get a porter, go through customs , get a cab and clear airport security.as early as possible That's the point when we know we can relax.

Being on line for early debark means even if clearance is delayed, we will get off the ship relatively ahead of the crowd..

.,We are happy to have a rare non-stop flght from Sw Air and want to be there in plenty of time..