Westerdam Alaska 5/17/14 Review

Based on my experience, "always available" options are not available that last night. Good night to go to Caneletto or Pinnacle Grill.

Ew. Neither of which I'm interested in either (especially not Caneletto as I'm traveling solo and it seems to be set up for couples and larger groups).

Oh well... I guess I could do room service. Or just get something in Victoria.

Ew. Neither of which I'm interested in either (especially not Caneletto as I'm traveling solo and it seems to be set up for couples and larger groups).

Oh well... I guess I could do room service. Or just get something in Victoria.

Fwiw my waiter said the always available was available but it probably depends on the ship and or waiter. Since you are on the Westy I would ask.

Glad to read the comments as we are on the Westerdam to Alaska on the 28th of June and it's our first venture together on an Alaska cruise or HAL. Everything I continue to read and explore seems to be quite positive about HAL and the Alaska experience. Hubby has been to Alaska a few times in the past for guy trips to hunt and fish but this is my first trip there and his first cruise. We have not made commitments for excursions as I'm looking forward to exploring the ports and we may change our mind on the go.

Any comments for dining as I've already arranged for the Pinnacle Grill and the (other?) Italian options plus added the Le Cirque. As long as on vacation why not do something different, eh? Regardless, looking quite forward to the entire experience and especially the glaciers so hopefully that is truly a moment never to be forgotten. That and our 30th anniversary celebration!

Glad to read the comments as we are on the Westerdam to Alaska on the 28th of June and it's our first venture together on an Alaska cruise or HAL. Everything I continue to read and explore seems to be quite positive about HAL and the Alaska experience. Hubby has been to Alaska a few times in the past for guy trips to hunt and fish but this is my first trip there and his first cruise. We have not made commitments for excursions as I'm looking forward to exploring the ports and we may change our mind on the go.

Any comments for dining as I've already arranged for the Pinnacle Grill and the (other?) Italian options plus added the Le Cirque. As long as on vacation why not do something different, eh? Regardless, looking quite forward to the entire experience and especially the glaciers so hopefully that is truly a moment never to be forgotten. That and our 30th anniversary celebration!

The always available was available. I agree the selection on international night was not very good. Had the lamb shank which was not good. DH had the always available strip steak, and it as not tender.

The always available was available. I agree the selection on international night was not very good. Had the lamb shank which was not good. DH had the always available strip steak, and it as not tender.

Hard to imagine a lamb shank not good...was it muttony...or not cooked enough? Love lamb and always look forward to that on a ship as dh is not a fan:eek:

I thought the selection on international night was the best of the cruise; the risotto was excellent. The lamb shank was flavorful but not as falling apart tender as I am used to

My husband had the strip steak twice and both times it was very good

Had lamb curry on the Lido for lunch one day and that was also very good

Edited by JudiK
added another sentence