Costa cancelling fully paid and confirmed bookings!

imagenature

Just for the clarity sake here is a timeline of this outrageous precedent:

25 May morning - cruise booked on Costa web site, credit card reserved the agreed amount, email confirmation from Costa received

26 May morning - official Costa booking pdf file received

26 May evening - Costa is still selling this cruise at the same price

27 May - this price is still on the Costa web site

28 May morning - email from Costa talking about the "error" and asking for the ridiculous catalogue price and requesting our decision by Friday. Meanwhile they canceled all our confirmed bookings and put our cabins on sale again!

29 May - my bank processed the originally reserved amount and sent it to Costa.

30 May - Costa start negotiating the price.

Do you think Costa can do it? Their sales managers think they can. Should they be allowed????

Edited by imagenature

Yes, I did. But no reply so far... He must be very busy....

He has a team... Hopefully someone will get to you soon! You might "Private message" him on his Facebook page also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

Hi Everyone! I am among the tourists with the same history.

Here you can see the booking confirmation, date of purchase, and proof that my cabin is still being sold.

[YOUTUBE]youtube.com/watch?v=u8Ie9HslXQY[/YOUTUBE]

According to my information the same booking confirmation about 20-30.

Edited by shulyan2

Hi guys!

I've recieved the same lucky letter from Costa as you. Here's the latest offer for Classica.Ready?! They are offering me the same cruise with a strong 73% discount:eek: Hot... really hot deal. What can I say. Funny guys, trying to sell me "trojan" cruise with 73% discount though I've got it already with 93% discount. Awesome!Bravo! The only thing, I wont pay extra money for this cruise.

I have been following this thread with interest. It is a shame that you all seem to have little to no recourse for your predicament.

As usual, big business has covered there derriere as noted in the actual contract to which you are party.

"b) The Carrier reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Contract, including those relating to the costs and charges. If the Contract is materially modified, the Passenger shall have the right to cancel the Contract and receive a full refund of the amount received by the Carrier. This must be done by the Passenger no later than thirty (30) days prior to the sailing date or ten (10) days after receiving notice of the modifications, whichever date is later. Modifications of itinerary or interruption or cancellation of voyage or refund of passage as described in Paragraph 14 is not considered a modification of this Contract.

It seems to me that Costa (and Carnival's) financial position seems to have trumped the good will gesture that honoring their error would bring.

My "two cents" is that Costa feels they gave notice that as of a certain day your reservations would be cancelled and that is exactly what they did!

I find it unbelievable that they would conduct business in the manner, but bean counters just see this as numbers on a spread sheet :(

and they can run away with our money???

COSTA - THIS IS CRIME!

Have you logged into your credit card account... I'm betting you will find a credit for the deposit you paid.

I think they broke a legal contract with their customers, I'm not a lawyer but that's my opinion. Sadly, they have the power and it appears Costa does not give a rip! :(

I think they broke a legal contract with their customers, I'm not a lawyer but that's my opinion.

You might find my post (above) enlightening in this regard.

Their legal contract seems to give them the right and power to do exactly what they have done.

Two days ago there were no credit and original amount was charged by Costa.

NOBODY has the right to steal!

COSTA MUST NOT BE DOING ILLEGAL THINGS.

A refund may have been issued by Costa, but not yet through on your statement. It can take anything up to 14 days for a refund to process.

Thinfool is correct, and cruiselines like many package holiday companies, always write the small print in their favour.

We were cruising P&O from Southampton UK some years ago. We booked ten months in advance - no late deal - got to check in, and they told us they had double booked our cabin. At the time I was a smoker and a balcony was paramount to me. They offered us A) 100GBP OBC (note not even a cash refund) and an oceanview - or B) a full cash refund on the spot - ie, suitcase in hand suddenly find an airport and a vacation to take!

We were gobsmacked.

They could not care a hoot - and whats worse, we met people on board who DID have balconies and paid LESS at late deals than we did.

There was absolutely NOTHING we could do. We of course in the end took the miserable oceanview we were offered - but it was a lousy cruise and we wish we had taken our money and RAN!

It was all in the small print.

Call your card issuer and if you are sure you do not want to travel with Costa, then its as simple as letting your card isssuer know you want a stop put on the payment.They will reverse the transaction and then carry out an enquiry. You are protected.

I doubt Costa are doing anything illegal - nasty perhaps,illegal - no.

This is lawlessness!!!

Why for so a long time Costa can't to explain this situation and not to respond to all of us who have booked this cruise?

The company's management indifferent to this situation? Is it realy that Costa forgot about us? Who and when will answer us?

• 2 weeks later...
149 euro:eek:

Take the 300 euro deal - its a bargain!!!!

This seems a fair offer to me also but these folks at this point are feeling abused by the way Costa has handled this entire affair.