Getting help boarding on and off ship

My husband broke his leg about a month ago and just got the cast off and is doing therapy. We are not Platinum to get priority boarding and the FTTF is already sold out. I know he won't be able to walk the distance and stand in long lines. Do I have any options?

[quote name='cruisequeen007']My husband broke his leg about a month ago and just got the cast off and is doing therapy. We are not Platinum to get priority boarding and the FTTF is already sold out. I know he won't be able to walk the distance and stand in long lines. Do I have any options?[/QUOTE]

Contact Special Needs and I feel they will be able to help.

Tell them when you get to the terminal too that you need wheelchair assist to board. Handicap does not get priority boarding any more. But when your number is called, they will take the wheelchair people and their party first. You may want to consider taking a wheelchair with you because you usually can't use theirs on the ship, just getting on and off mostly.

I am sailing in September and I can't walk on the ship or around the ship. I rent a scooter from special needs at sea. Carnival people pick me up at my car and push me through the lines for my sail and sign and then on the ship when it is my turn to board. When I get to my room the scooter is waiting for me all charged and ready to use. At the end of the cruise you just leave it in the room charging and carnival takes you off and through customs in a wheel chair. Good Luck.